Broken RHS exhaust manifold

Bike
ST1100AY
I am trying to compare my physical exhaust manifold with the diagram to work out if I just need a new gasket or need to replace the manifold, can anyone help based on the photos ? Or does anyone have a photo of a perfect RHS manifold I can compare with, thx

IMG_0461.JPG
Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 06.53.26.png

IMG_0462.JPG

Last edited:

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
If you remove the gasket from the tube you will see the piece that has broken off.
You could weld something in its place or replace the header pipe.
Delkevic makes a good replacement. you could replace the entire header and re-use the original mufflers or you can get the whole system. I find the Delkevic muffler a little too loud for my taste although they aren't overly loud.

OP
OP
aSTerix
Bike
ST1100AY
If you remove the gasket from the tube you will see the piece that has broken off.
Is there another piece that extends the manifold further , I checked in the gasket and didn't see a tube ?

I have found someone who says they can TIG weld a new tube piece, I just need to get the length right !

OP
OP
aSTerix
Bike
ST1100AY
if anyone has a RHS manifold on the bench could you possibly post a photo of the end part that takes the gasket, that would be hugely beneficial

OP
OP
aSTerix
Bike
ST1100AY
Found it ! well what was left of it, there is enough there though for me to work out the length of new tube required. I will also do a bit of measuring on the engine to check the longitudnal alignment of left and right exhaust ports and can figure that into the calculation

Edit: I measured the longitudinal alignment and the RHS exhaust ports are approx 18mm (11/16") further forward than the LHS

Last edited:
OP
OP
aSTerix
Bike
ST1100AY
Just in case someone looks at this thread in the future, here are some photos I found showing what the RHS manifold should look like

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 06.23.21.png

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 06.26.21.png

Top Bottom