BT 021s estimated mileage

dannyk

SISU an inner spirit
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Was at wannabe2's yesterday and we checked his 021's for tread depth now that he some miles on them. We checked the tread depth to the wear bars with a tire depth guage that I have when we first installed them. He has about 6K on them now, riding environment, commuting to work and a run to the dragon and back, looks like he is averaging about 2K per 32nd on the front and about 15 hundred per 32nd on the rear. Looks to be about in the 11k range to the wear bars on the rear for an average, YMMV. :biker:

Was at wannabe2's yesterday and we checked his 021's for tread depth now that he some miles on them. We checked the tread depth to the wear bars with a tire depth guage that I have when we first installed them. He has about 6K on them now, riding environment, commuting to work and a run to the dragon and back, looks like he is averaging about 2K per 32nd on the front and about 15 hundred per 32nd on the rear. Looks to be about in the 11k range to the wear bars on the rear for an average, YMMV. :biker:
I just put mine on yesterday as well. What pressures is he running? I set both to 42psi

STOC #
I just got back from the dealer after having 021's put on and compared to the OEM Dunlops these are a fantastic ride. Cushy and sticky. If I get at least as many miles as I did with the D 220's I will be overjoyed.

Bike
ST1300
Man I hope I get more miles outta the bt-021's than I did the OEM dunlops. They were toast at just under 7K . The riders I work with say its not the tires , it's the way I ride. I can't help it if they're slow! First time I have ever worn out a front tire before the back. The softer compound on the sides was completely gone leaving the front tire a V shape instead of a nice round shape to roll into the corners. Just put the bridgestones on yesterday and rode in to work on them tonite, 35 miles , 20 of em twisty. Took it real easy , seemed to have an excessive amount of mold release wax on 'em, or maybe just felt that way cause of the heat, 100 deg F ,in either case they sure felt slick. But they did seem to ride softer , than the dunlops , glad someone else mentioned that I thought maybe it was just wishfull thinking.Tommorrow nite I should be able to blast away and I'll have a good idea how I like 'em.........:03biker:

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
I started out running 42 psi in both, but I have a bit of a vibration from the front tire (because of the tread pattern), so based on advice from guys here, I lowered both down to 39...still had the vibration... went down for a weekend on the dragon and by the time I got home, tire pressures in both tires were down to 35. I can only guess that the 90+ degree days somehow caused the air to escape from the tire???? anyway, filled them back up to 40.5psi...39 just felt a little too light. haven't lost any air since I've been back.

here is a write-up I did on my impressions of the tire after the 1st 1k miles...about the only thing I can add to it now is that they are sticky in the rain too! https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23518

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Man I hope I get more miles outta the bt-021's than I did the OEM dunlops. They were toast at just under 7K . The riders I work with say its not the tires , it's the way I ride. I can't help it if they're slow! First time I have ever worn out a front tire before the back. The softer compound on the sides was completely gone leaving the front tire a V shape instead of a nice round shape to roll into the corners.
This could have been my post!! Exactly my experience: wore out front 220 first/1st time ever! @<7k miles - the sides were toast/wore in a Vee. Love the BT021s.

Bike
Scarlett
STOC #
FWIW, I got about 3500mi out of mine. The rear is not so bad, with some cupping but somewhat decent tread left. The front is worn down to the wear bars on the meaty portion. Still some tread in the center for commuting. A little scary in the rain in this condition, but they ROCKED when they were new! Wet or dry!

Top Bottom