Busy elf in the MC Spa

Looks nice, but it seems some of the fleet have been left out in the cold, so to speak.

With the floor nestled up against the lift, how do you raise it? Having never seen or used one, I ask out of ignorance.

Having it all level is great... but you know every socket, nut, bolt, tool you drop when working on the bike will end up in the well hole it makes underneath the lift, lol

I just purchased a Redline 1500HD lift used for $400 (I know a steal), I was wishing that I could cut a hole in my concrete garage floor to lower the lift to floor level. But seeing you bring the floor level up to the lift gives me some ideas. Although my lift sets about 7 - 8 inches off the floor at lowest.

Wait a minute. Your first picture shows the floor joists(?) studs(?) tapered, which made a whole lot of sense - you can back your bike off the lift then down the ramp to grade. Picture #3 showed a lower floor (tapered down like a ramp) for the bike not on a lift, yet the final pic shows the floor a full 3 1/2" (that is a 2 x 4, is it not?) above grade. What gives?

Mighty nice of you, kind sir, to provide a toasty warm nesting place for mice and fodder for them to carry into your air filters. Seriously, good looking bit of work.

Wait a minute. Your first picture shows the floor joists(?) studs(?) tapered, which made a whole lot of sense - you can back your bike off the lift then down the ramp to grade. Picture #3 showed a lower floor (tapered down like a ramp) for the bike not on a lift, yet the final pic shows the floor a full 3 1/2" (that is a 2 x 4, is it not?) above grade. What gives?

Mighty nice of you, kind sir, to provide a toasty warm nesting place for mice and fodder for them to carry into your air filters. Seriously, good looking bit of work.
That is an optical illusion looking square instead of sloped.
Leveling to floor to the lift allows me to use that area as a parking space much easier and the slope is perfect backing out.

782B1266-22BF-43F4-8043-197EBF6D6535.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom