C/T First Impressions

I have about 4-500miles on the Goodyear TT 93V-540, 11/32--07 st non abs. I also have an over-size battery which I had to modify(odysseypc545) to fit and look reasonably well. If this tire were the least bit wider it would not work. I have settled on 30psi (I only weigh 175--the most weight on the bike when I travel maybe 205 lbs). I have ridden at all speeds up to 120indicated. I don't scrape pegs but come very close. The learning curve was about 100miles for me. I heard all my life (conventional wisdom)that you should never to do this. IMHO this c/t is much safer than any motorcycle tire, it feels better rides better more stable (the st weave with MT would happen at 120plus, in dirty air with wind screen up 3/4. With CT I can raise the ws all the way while behind an 18 wheeler and no weave even at triple digit speeds. (not that I ever ride with ws up) I may crash and burn..but at this point I will never go back to a MT--there is no reason to return...thanks to all the people who were willing to question CW. SteveR:)

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Keep us posted on your likes and dislikes. Also keep us updated on the mileage you get with the tire.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Cool, glad to hear you are having a good experience with it. I sure wish the TT would fit on an 1100! There are too few choices for us.

OP
OP
Ed, I ended up having to get help from my brother-in law.. We did it with clamps and hard work.. SteveR

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Sounds like that Goodyear has stiffer sidewalls than the Hankooks some are using, since you are settling on lower pressures. I run 30-32 with a Michelin Exalto which seems to be the ideal tire for FJR's. But, that won't fit an ST. I think it's Dinkie Diesel that's trying a Michelin Pilot......... I'm sure everyone will appreciate continuing feedback, so keep us posted...........

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
5547 miles on my Pilot Sport A/S plus. No sign of any wear yet. Great highway tire! I just learned something about it though. It makes a funny noise on highway seams or cracks in the road. I kept hearing this noise like something was loose. Then I thought it was a can of windshield cleaner in the sidebag bouncing around. Now I know it is the rear tire making a clinking or clacking noise as if it's slapping the joint/crack.

Bike
2006 ST1300
5547 miles on my Pilot Sport A/S plus. No sign of any wear yet. Great highway tire! I just learned something about it though. It makes a funny noise on highway seams or cracks in the road. I kept hearing this noise like something was loose. Then I thought it was a can of windshield cleaner in the sidebag bouncing around. Now I know it is the rear tire making a clinking or clacking noise as if it's slapping the joint/crack.
Probably catching the tread pattern just right to get the noise.

I'm still watching all the new darkside options people are finding. I like my Hankook, but because its the only darkside tire I've tried, I'm open to other options that work well and might last even longer.

Jim

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
Jim ..... I love these tar threads..... gets people so pumped up they stutter with their fingers ! LOL

Top Bottom