CA Sport Touring Acc Shelf Questions

cybervet

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GL1800BD
After recently acquiring a Zumo 665, I am trying to figure out a good plan for mounting the XM antenna. My plan is to use the accessory shelf from CA Sport Touring ... http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motorcycle/st1300_comm/80-662.html.

Here's my questions ... as I stare at the images they have on the web site, what are they calling left or right? In the driver seat? Or facing the bike from the front? Who has gotten one of these and can tell me right from left. I know opinions vary on which is the correct way.

ALSO ... does anyone have one of these (or two) that can post a pic or two of their dash and how it works for you.

Thank you to everyone in advance.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That one is for the right side as you sit on the bike. I had one there for a radar detector and it should work fine for the xm puck.

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
I mounted my puck under the black plastic behind the windshield...works great and out of sight

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I mounted my puck under the black plastic behind the windshield...works great and out of sight
I originally did that and I did like that it was out of sight, but every year I went to NatSTOC south-to-north, I would get a lot of signal issues, usually just intermittent drops and not for long periods of time, just short drops.

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
I originally did that and I did like that it was out of sight, but every year I went to NatSTOC south-to-north, I would get a lot of signal issues, usually just intermittent drops and not for long periods of time, just short drops.
Interesting...

OP
OP
cybervet

cybervet

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GL1800BD
Yup!! When installed under the black dash, it does seem to be tilted a bit more than what would be ideal. I went north along the beautifully wooded Great River Road and got intermittent annoying dropouts. When returning home headed south, signal was measurably stronger. Has to be the tilt and my sculpted body in the way.

I'll be ordering the shelf from CA Sport. It looks nicely discrete and hold things level.

Top Bottom