California Sport Touring - big disappointment

The fact that half of the replies are positive and half negative says a lot....
A business should be consistently customer oriented. I think the power of the internet is amazing and will be aware of the negative posts here regarding California...
Now, let's start a thread on the Bush Administration....lol
Just kidding.
Take Care,
Ride Safe
Craig

I live close enough to CAST to drop by in person. I discovered thier shop a couple days after I bought my ST1100. The owner and his staff were more than helpful in answering my questions and helping me find the stuff I needed for my ST. I was so pleased with my initial transaction, that I took my wife in there to buy riding gear. The lady who works there, took the time to help my wife find and try on all sorts of different gear. My wife finally found a jacket she really liked, but they didnt have her size. They ordered it right away, literally, as we were standing there and it arrived the next day.

About a week after that, I ordered some BT021's from them, and they arrived 2 days later. I brought my wheels in and they swapped out the tires right then and there! My old tire shop would ask me to leave the wheels overnight.
Then I found out they also mount and balance sportbike tires. I had a set ordered for my trackbike, and again, they swapped it right away.

I think I have spent a good amount of money there in the past few months, and I believe they will be THE ONLY local shop I would give my money to. They can just about order everything I need, and if they cant, I will buy online.

CAST has a loyal customer here!

As far as stuff not fitting and not getting support, I have not had any problems with them. Sounds like you guys that do have problems are ordering online. With that being said, I dont think any of my online shops have much customer support either. I have had a few bad experiences with online shops, but I figured it was my own fault for not buying local. When that happens, I just adapt improvise and overcome, or just plain return the product.

Good luck with all your future purchases!

As far as stuff not fitting and not getting support, I have not had any problems with them. Sounds like you guys that do have problems are ordering online. With that being said, I dont think any of my online shops have much customer support either. I have had a few bad experiences with online shops, but I figured it was my own fault for not buying local. When that happens, I just adapt improvise and overcome, or just plain return the product.

Good luck with all your future purchases!

Now this is funny! All you have to do to get good service from CAST is live right around the corner....

An online store that doesn't take email and when they did as Paul mentioned... they didn't answer ANY OF IT...

Andy have you ever dealt with www.newenough.com? I though not.. have a problem: 'no problem we'll ship the replacement out today, just ship back the one you have...' Now THAT is service.

CAST will NOT get my business.

Mark

Yes, there are plenty of examples of on-line businesses who are pros at what they do (and should not even be compared to CAST). Newenough.com, denniskirk, bikebandit are all setup with professional on-line ordering systems and people employed at the phones/email fulltime. There are always going to be mistakes with any vendor but these outfits are very responsive to email and are well equipped to fix problems in a timely manner. CAST doesn't even come close to these places for on-line nor do I think they really want to get to that point (or they can't without a cashflow that allows them upgraded software and service personnel.)

Personally I think Kim is a nice fellow and I would probably spend alot of time at his brick and mortor if I lived nearby. But at this point I will only order stuff that is somewhat unique and not stocked by other vendors. Having already been through back-order (or wrong order) hell with them, I cringe when I commit an order because I know I will either get it very quickly or not get it for weeks. It's aggravating not even knowing if it went on back-order because they will not contact you and their order status system is a joke. The only consistent thing through the years is their inconsistency.

Last edited:
Fair enough Paul. SOrry to hear of your bad experiences. I have not been wronged by them is all I am saying. I have been treated the way you describe by some "pro on-line businesses" which is why I posted what I did. I have also had some great service from online businesses pro or not.

CAST has ST STuff I want, but it does strike me as a crap shoot when dealing with them. For example: I had recently ordered a Starcom system from them on-phone last Sat. The gal said it would ship out Tuesday (today) and I asked how would I know. She said they would send a shipping email. Well guess what I haven't gotten yet. I'll call them tomorrow.

Do business with www.spoiledbiker.com, this is a one man show AFAIK. Joe is a stand up guy... returns calls, emails, sends his products out pronto. You have an issue at customs with your imported part, he takes care of it. This is customer service :bow1:

Just continuing the discussion and results of my order with CAST...

After being promised a shipping email for Tuesday, which I didn't recieve, I called them this morning and spoke to a Kim. I asked for a shipping status on my Starcom1 order and he said it was shipped out via USPS Priority Mail on Monday. I said I thought you guys were closed on Monday? He said they were there to do shipping only. OK. Well his manner, while not rude, was curt and a lot "sir's", which to me is a sure bad sign of tired, passive, and not really caring customer service. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and seeing how CAST is near San Francisco and I am in Oceanside and if it was shipped on Monday I should be seeing either it today, or tomorrow. We'll see. I still have not recieved a shipping email. Will keep you all posted.

Last edited:
Well guess what? I just got a knock on the door and waa-laa there is my postal lady with a bunch of boxes including the one from CST. I haven't opened it yet, but boy am I excited! Will post right back what I find.

Eveything seems to be here. All in order. Now I can have some fun installing it on the bike. Will keep you posted in regards to any errors and returns. Otherwise I will continue my posts about the Starcom in my other threads. Boy! Fast shipping! Can't complain about that!

Back
Top Bottom