call me crazy, but I think I miss my RT

Don't get me wrong, I love my K16GT, it's an utterly amazing bike, but I miss the light weight and nimble RT sometimes. The RT actually has better wind protection as well.

There is still such a demand for K16GT's that I could sell it for a very minimal loss. I don't know, the RT and the combination of it's light weight, great handling, comfort and wind protection, make it the best all around bike I have ever owned.

The water cooled RT is a couple years away, and an extra 10-15 hp might be nice, but the air cooled DOHC boxer is simple, powerful enough and proven.

Thought about the C14 as well just to have something different, but it's not that much lighter than my K16, no ESA, ergos would need some farkling, need to add electric cruise, wind management not as good, but it is such a raging value, I cannot ignore it.

I might need a 12 step program:D

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
The biggest bike doesn't mean it's the best one for you. I'm sure you have some guys here drooling over your k16 if you'd want to sell it LOL

You're probably waiting to see if they make it water cooled.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The RT has remained close to the original thought behind the 77 RT. Integrated luggage & weather protection, light, fast, and comfortable for the long miles. After 35 years the 2010 R1200RT is still a gentleman's express.

Ride what makes you happy.

Bike
2021 Honda Goldwing
Funny you should bring this up ... I was just admiring both the RT and the K16GT at the Mpls Motorcycle Show last weekend and couldn't decide which I liked better. Not sure I could convince my other half to let me trade for either one, but your take is very interesting. Wish you well in figuring it out. I've watched several YouTube videos on the 16 and it is mighty impressive.

You sir are motorcycle hoe.:D Now Judge repeat after me.... My name is Judge and I am a motorcycle hoe and I need help. I know I'm in MA. If you need a sponsor let mw know.:)

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
Not crazy, you just have a finely honed feel for nimble handling and a nose for practical enjoyment. The RT is at the upper weight limit for any bike I'd want to own, the GT goes well past that limit. SO, even if I was given a choice of a free RT or a Free GT (given I'd not sell one and purchase something else) I'd happily choose the RT and know I'd enjoy the overall ride more. I can be happy giving up the straight line acceleration. After a certain weight, "nimble" gets removed from the dictionary, to be replaced with "nimble-for it's weight" LOL. :p:

Top Bottom