CalSci.com Awesomeness

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Heading out next month for about 4K miles, decided on a bigger screen. Checked a few places and decided on CalSci. It took me about 3 days to decide on the XXL touring screen. It took two days to get here (PHL) standard UPS. It took me 10 minutes to check out the cart (my fault). It took 5 minutes to install. It’s awesome and so are they!!

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
Glad you like it. I have only tried CalSci on my 2016 FJR1300, and I wasn't impressed. It would actually touch the fairing if I lowered it all the way - something that could be fixed with a Dremel but still. Also, the fit wasn't as good as EOM, so had to wiggle a bit with the screws to install - and it would eventually make quite a bit of noise while driving over bumps. I sold it and now have a Yamaha Touring OEM which rocks.

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
The Cal Sci on my Versys x300 broke in half when a truck blew by in the opposite direction. On the Versys, they crack around the bolt hole. I hope that doesn't apply to the ST models. Just keep an eye on it.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I believe that CalSci uses acrylic not polycarbonate for their windscreens. Acrylic is clearer but very prone to cracking and splitting. They have had some really bad reports of quality issues lately. I think there was a company move and some new employees. I heard things may have gotten better.

Top Bottom