Camera mount?

Today I lost my action camera. Was stuck on to my left hand mirror. Been OK for last few months.

I was riding along a dual carriageway (highway?) and when I reached the traffic lights some pedestrians told me I had lost it way back. As I couldn't immediately turn round, by the time I got back my poor camera and case were crushed to pieces.

So I thought I would ask you clever guys/gals the best place to fix my new one and also how to secure with a safety wire. I do not wish to fix to the chin of my helmet as it is flip-front or modular type.

Thanks

Paul

Bike
2010 ST1300
How you secure it will be a matter of where you install it. Were it on a Ram ball on a bar above the dash (I have one of those brackets w/ 3 ram balls) I would take a piece of 1/16" stainless steel wire rope (available at hardware stores) and crimp a loop around a part of the camera, then find a place to secure the other end that was easily removable. If the tether will be near the fairing, I'd use a strong fishing line, but probably replace the line every 6 months or so (depends on exposure to sunlight). If the mfr of the camera provided a lanyard anchor, I'd use that and secure the other end to the bike. I've seen a flat nylon woven ribbon that is something like parachute cord. That too might work well.

Top Bottom