Can I use the No Mar "Standard Balancer" for my ST1300?

RCS

No Mar is having a sale on the balancer with extra stuff and free shipping. I was wondering if I can use the Standard Balancer for the ST1300?

OP
OP
RCS

RCS

Yes, that's what I have.
Great. While I have made a Stone Age bead breaker out of scrap wood, I think I'll opt for the accuracy of a modern wheel balancer for $99. Plus, you can beat the free wheel weights, wheel weight scraper, and free shipping.

Byron

STOC #
Bob,

If you don't like the hassle of pealing the standard weights off your rims and trying to get rid of the tape residue then stop by your local BMW dealer. They usually carry a weight that has a 3M adhesive that comes off in one piece and usually with the weight. They are a bit pricey but you can reuse them by picking up some side molding tape at your local auto parts store.

A lot fewer headaches than standard tape weights.

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
As to the No-Mar balancer,... check with Nomar.
I believe I have the larger cones for the balance rod and they were recomended for the St1300. ($13 extra I think )

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
As to the No-Mar balancer,... check with Nomar.
I believe I have the larger cones for the balance rod and they were recomended for the St1300. ($13 extra I think )
I have the small cones and they work fine.

Bike
2003 st1300 red
STOC #
Hi Fellers Geoff here I need to know What you think I put a Pilot Road 2 on the back of my ST1300A its done about 8.000kilomiters and its scolliping pritty bad im making a trip to the Ulysses AGM in Albany W Australia its a round trip of about 6.800 kilomiters id like a one compound tyer the bike is going to be loaded up two up and all the gear the wife and I will be on the road fot four weeksmy mate Ted is going with me hes on the Goldwing PS the PSI i use is 42psi front and rear thank you Geoff

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
Bob
I have the No Mar changer and balancer. You can take a look while visiting at NJ Tech Day!

See you Saturday!
Randy

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Uh...
If you don't like the hassle of pealing the standard weights off your rims and trying to get rid of the tape residue then stop by your local...
This has probably been mentioned before with regard to removing wheel weight tape residue, but I've done a bunch and always found Coleman camping fuel and a rag worked great. Of course any brand of naptha solvent should do. I just find the container size of the Coleman fuel perfect for my needs. Cheers!

Oh, and if anyone is getting a No-Mar, I highly recommend getting all their cone sizes and possibly their patented cones as well (but these last one are a bit pricey ~$100 I seem to remember.

Top Bottom