Canadian seat restorer

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I'm checking on a lead, but don't hold your breath. He may be retired. Ontario guy too.

Happy Rob

Rob
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
I just had my ST 1300 drivers seat customized, by a saddle guy here in Conception Bay South, Newfoundland. He put 3/8 sheep skin, then gel where is counts and wrapped it in leather. Nice job for reasonable cost. I have not done a full day ride yet b/c there is still snow here. I am looking forward to my rear end enjoying an upgraded seat. I should have done it years ago.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Any known Canadian seat rebuilder, ala russell etc? Preferably Ontario?
Heard back from a buddy in London, who knows Mike but hasn't seen him in a long time, so I'm sending you a PM with some contact info he gave me, since I'm not sure if he is still in business and don't want to put his phone number here.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
I'm not aware of any Ontario based seat customizers.

The thing that kills you on getting a seat pan done is the postage there and back. The 1300 is better than the 1100 as you have the option to only send the rider seat, assuming you're not doing he passenger portion.

My Terry Adcox seat for the Tracer rider seat was $260 + $45 CAN to ship there and $50 US to pack and ship back to me. I got dinged by Customs with a $25 duty charge, a processing fee and HST, about $91 CAN in total. Most shipments from the US sent via USPS slip through untouched by Customs, so I was just unlucky on this one.

So, whole thing was about $550 CAN. This is probably 1/2 the cost of a Russell and some other solutions.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
So, whole thing was about $550 CAN. This is probably 1/2 the cost of a Russell and some other solutions.
Half of a 1100 seat (pillion portion not changed) is the same price you paid. My entire 1100 seat rebuild was just under $1,000 CDN in 2015. I did the ride in service., so no shipping. The rider portion of a 1300 would be around $500 CDN too, but all their pricing is on their website.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Half of a 1100 seat (pillion portion not changed) is the same price you paid. My entire 1100 seat rebuild was just under $1,000 CDN in 2015. I did the ride in service., so no shipping. The rider portion of a 1300 would be around $500 CDN too, but all their pricing is on their website.
No, your pricing is wrong + read my post thoroughly please, you're comparing apples and oranges.

In 2012 I paid RDL $420 US for a single seat conversion on my ST1100 + I had to ship it there and they had to ship it back. It was about $575 CAN total at that time as our dollar was in better shape. Also, I lucked out and no Customs charges or taxes, so $575 CAN net.

The cost now for the least expensive S3 seat for an ST1100 or 1300 is $600 US for a single and dual is $770 US vs. the $260 single Terry Adcox seat cost. A single S3 + shipping there and shipping back would be about $925. CAN. This assumes no Customs fee or taxes. My Terry Adcox cost was $459 without the customs fees + taxes. Half the cost.

Hey all. I have a small business doing upholstery. I just picked up a 2003 st1300 and will be reupholstering the seat on it. I was playing around with my cb500 the other day. I’ll attach a photo of it. Keep in mind I was just playing around. It doesn’t look the best. My business can be found on google. I’m in Elliot lake and the business is called Sunset Originals.

Attachments

Wondering what shipping would cost for a Corbin seat for a St1100. Would like to have the front section to have two to three inches raised up if possible and recovered . Got way to long legs for a 6 ft tall guy. Oh ! Any idea of how much take would cost? Cheers Gerard

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Wondering what shipping would cost for a Corbin seat for a St1100. Would like to have the front section to have two to three inches raised up if possible and recovered . Got way to long legs for a 6 ft tall guy. Oh ! Any idea of how much take would cost? Cheers Gerard
If you don't have much luck locally, you might give Andrea here in Calgary a call and see what she can do. She has a good reputation locally.

I’m going to recover mine as soon as I pick up the bike. I’m in Ontario so shipping from Alberta might be pricey but you could check with Canada post. You could also include a return shipping label. Pricing would all depend on the material and detail you chose but I’d guess around 500 to 600 with the modifications you’re talking about.

Come out to Seattle and use Riches Custom Seat. Bring your seat and use my bike to sit on when it is fitted to you, I am sure that there are a lot of members that can do the same whom ever you settle on. Also Northwest is a great place to see, make a great vacation.

Well, the offer stands. I can almost guarantee that there is enough of us out here to make coming out here worth your while. Kind of sounds good for coming out for no reason other than to visit anyway ....to anyone.

Top Bottom