Carb Jig

Years ago someone posted how to build a jig out of wood to be used when replacing the snorkels on the carbs.
Does anybody have the dimensions? Or point me to the post?

Thanks,
Dick

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I'm confused as to what you would use a jig for? I just changed mine out, seemed pretty straight foreward.

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
You do have to be careful on how the carbs sit Slasher. Mine were a little out square and made it idle high because excess air was getting in.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Hmmm... I'm still not getting it. Are you talking about the boots under the carbs or the intakes on top? I didn't change the ones on top. I'm always trying to learn more about the 1100!

OP
OP
The jig is to reset the intakes on top. You set the intakes in this wooden frame and simply pressed straight down and it perfectly set the intakes back on top.
I did this yesterday and it seemed to take a long time, finally completed the job. But remember using this on my '91 in the past.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I replaced the rubber insulator boots with new ones and put a thin coating of plumbers grease around the parts of the carb that plug in to them. With a little wiggle and some pressure they snapped in with a "Pop". I had to remove them and do it over because I had forgotten to install the rubber mat under them first but, the second time went even easier.

Top Bottom