Carb reference question......

Bike
1997 ST1100
For the learning experience and to help with a sluggish bike, I decided to rebuild my carbs. I got the 4 rebuild kits in the mail the other day and upon inspection, there appears to be several more parts in each carb kit than what I removed from each carb for the clean soak. Is there anyone out there that can steer me to a good post on this site that has pictures to refer to? I've looked but have not been able to locate any myself. I am so ready to ride again.....Thank you

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Sorry, can't help with the pictures. Please document your R&R with pictures and poST it up here when you're done. TIA!

What's the part number of the kit, cost, and your source?

Regards, John

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I think if you give us a hint (some pictures of the extra parts) we might be able to help...

OP
OP
Bike
1997 ST1100
SO to be more specific, I had purchased 2 Keyster K-1107HKR rebuild kits and 2 Keyster and two K_1107HK kits. Almost done putting them back together but just a question about the plungers. The plunger that came off the bike had a short protrusion sticking out of the end at about 1/8 to 1/4 long. The new plungers did not come with those pointy protrusions on the ends that go into the carbs. Shoutd I just reinstall the old ones and forget about about installing new plungers.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
SO to be more specific, I had purchased 2 Keyster K-1107HKR rebuild kits and 2 Keyster and two K_1107HK kits. Almost done putting them back together but just a question about the plungers. The plunger that came off the bike had a short protrusion sticking out of the end at about 1/8 to 1/4 long. The new plungers did not come with those pointy protrusions on the ends that go into the carbs. Shoutd I just reinstall the old ones and forget about about installing new plungers.
Assume this kit:
http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-detail.php?pid=&product_id=3787

Pictures of the part(s) in question would be helpful...

OP
OP
Bike
1997 ST1100
Yep John that be the kit. I ended up using all the parts except for the plungers and springs. I found the info I needed and just got done taking her for a test ride around the block. With the rebuild, new carb boots and sync she is riding like a new....Feels sooooo good to be on the road again.

I have used that kit. The extra bits that may not be obvious are for the choke plungers and the carb bowl drain screws. All the other bits are for the pilot screws (including a spring, small washer ans o-ring) jets, needle jet, needle and float valve.

Top Bottom