Cell phone mount

OP
OP
Skinnypuff
@Skinnypuff I'm looking to do exactly the same thing as you. Any chance you can list the amazon links for what you ordered and pics of how it looks?

Looks like maybe just these 2 things?

Ram Mount Motorcycle Fork Stem Base with 1-Inch Ball (Black): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RHVS8I/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ry6iDbP6APPA9

RAM MOUNTS (RAP-HOL-UN7B-201U Universal X-Grip Cell Phone Holder with Double Socket Arm: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DUK0SZO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_qA6iDbHEVC68A

I'm guessing then something needs to be done with the plastic cover ( with the honda badge on it ) to make this look nice?
No I found a much cleaner and easier way to mount the phone without having to remove the plastic cover at all. I originally ordered that base stem setup you posted from Amazon and toght after I got it, someone on here reached out to me via message and was selling a ram ball mount attachment that I ended up buying. Photos are attached below.

You will still need to buy that ram ball double socket ball and whatever phone mount you decide to get. I hear nothing but great reviews on the x mount so you may as well buy that universal xmount grip with the double socket. The installation is pretty straight forward.

20190708_170557.jpg20190708_170700.jpg20190708_170836.jpg

Bike
2003 ST1300
No I found a much cleaner and easier way to mount the phone without having to remove the plastic cover at all. I originally ordered that base stem setup you posted from Amazon and toght after I got it, someone on here reached out to me via message and was selling a ram ball mount attachment that I ended up buying. Photos are attached below.

You will still need to buy that ram ball double socket ball and whatever phone mount you decide to get. I hear nothing but great reviews on the x mount so you may as well buy that universal xmount grip with the double socket. The installation is pretty straight forward.

This looks great, any ideas where to buy the ram ball mount attachment online? Thanks again for the pictures and the update!

OP
OP
Skinnypuff
This looks great, any ideas where to buy the ram ball mount attachment online? Thanks again for the pictures and the update!
Here is the site I ordered the ball mount base. The double socket piece is on there too but is not included. Any ram ball phone mount will work with this set up.

Bike
2006 Honda ST1300
I did the stem mount with ram ball mount for my bike, but I ordered a generic X-Grip mount from Wish.com. It was only like $17 and it has a built in USB charger. It seems very good quality and have had no issues so far. It even included 2 replacement rubber tips.

Bike
2003 ST1300
I did the stem mount with ram ball mount for my bike, but I ordered a generic X-Grip mount from Wish.com. It was only like $17 and it has a built in USB charger. It seems very good quality and have had no issues so far. It even included 2 replacement rubber tips.
What does it look like with the stem mount with ram ball installed? Assuming when you do that the honda plastic cover doesn't go back on?

Bike
2007 ST1300
I have the Helibar riser with integrated ram ball and powerlet socket. All I need is the phone holder that would attach onto the ram ball, but can’t see an obvious product on either Amazon or Rammount.com

For those with the integrated ram ball like on a Helibar, what did you end up using? I am running an iPhone 7 Plus, so its a relatively big phone.

Thanks!

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I have the Helibar riser with integrated ram ball and powerlet socket. All I need is the phone holder that would attach onto the ram ball, but can’t see an obvious product on either Amazon or Rammount.com

For those with the integrated ram ball like on a Helibar, what did you end up using? I am running an iPhone 7 Plus, so its a relatively big phone.

Thanks!
RAM ball
Choose the connecting arm length you want
RAM X mount cradle

Holds my Samsung with space to spare.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Jjonahjamison said:
For those with the integrated ram ball like on a Helibar, what did you end up using?
First I used a RAM X-Grip which worked well with one exception. My phone was small and an arm kept lowering the volume to 0. So I went to the Perfect Squeeze from Hondo Garage:

I ordered it with a RAM ball instead of the bar clamp. It was pricey at $80 for the cradle without a mount. It's designed for off-road use to hold through Hell and high water. Beautifully crafted but it's overkill for the ST.

For the money the tackform cradle with 1" ball would be my choice if I had to replace my Hondo kit. $30 and Bob's your uncle. My 'Wing buddy has one and it's decent kit. Unfortunately he got the version with the 20mm ball and had to use their clamp.

At some point I'll be using my iPad mini as a satnav and I have the larger RAM X-Grip for that. It works really well.

Top Bottom