Cell phone mount

New too this site, and new owner of my 1st ST1300.

Looking for a Mount / Bracket for my cell phone, for Nav and entertainment.
I use a Quad Lock and want a Bracket to either mount in between the handle bars or the upper dash location with the ability to use a Ram Ball.

Cheers all
Ryan

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
I bought a TackForm earlier this year, and I love it. I mount it on a RAM ball mounted on the clutch reservoir. It comes with a secured rubber thingy, but as the add says "you really don't need it". I can confirm that it's not needed other than for your piece of mind. I have hit some serious potholes and the phone stays put

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
New too this site, and new owner of my 1st ST1300.

Looking for a Mount / Bracket for my cell phone, for Nav and entertainment.
I use a Quad Lock and want a Bracket to either mount in between the handle bars or the upper dash location with the ability to use a Ram Ball.

Cheers all
Ryan
I really dont know what it is u r using, but i use ram x. The rubber nipples wear out and fall off, so i dip mine in liquid plastic. Problem solved!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I have a Hondo garage mount that I am very happy with. May be worth a look.
i use ram x.
I've used the RAM X-Grip on my Helibar Gen 3.2 riser for years. No problems other than it was a bit fiddly with my iPhone 5s because it was small enough that if not careful the Grip would squeeze the Down volume button. So I was careful.

Then I saw the Hondo Garage Perfect Squeeze phone mount and use it currently. Well built but not quite as quick to use as most other mounts. But once a phone is secured it's not going anywhere. A rock solid mount but a little pricy. Designed for off road it might be overkill for most of us.

I've got a RBIS RAM mount on my dash with one RAM ball. I think the Hondo phone mount (along with an arm) is too heavy for that location. So the Tackform should be just the ticket.

OhioDeere

Been There, Done That, Got the Shirt.
Bike
06 ST1300
Using the quad and similar. I threw them all away! The quad broke an arm and rendered it junk.. What I have been using for years now and works well is...
Buy an otter box cover for your phone. The one that is somewhat water proof. Get the holder that clips on your belt. Throw away the belt clip and drill a hole in the center and bolt it to an assortment of ram mount balls. I used the one that is a base mount with a threaded #10 hole. Using a flat head #10 screw to bolt the holder to the ball. attach to the bike with the hundreds of ram ball accessories.

Bike
2005 st1300
I use a quad lock system on my 7' tablet on my bike and my phone in my vehicles. Works real slick. I have a RAM ball in the center of my riser, so my tablet sits between the bars

Bike
2005 st1300
Buy an otter box cover for your phone. The one that is somewhat water proof. Get the holder that clips on your belt. Throw away the belt clip and drill a hole in the center and bolt it to an assortment of ram mount balls. I used the one that is a base mount with a threaded #10 hole. Using a flat head #10 screw to bolt the holder to the ball. attach to the bike with the hundreds of ram ball accessories.
I did this for a few years with my last phone. It worked very well and was very secure. I switched phones, and because the cases are proprietary, it no longer worked with my new phone. Not a big deal as I didnt really care for the otterbox case.

bplandis

2006 ST1300
Hondo is overkill no doubt but has been bullet proof to date. Lost a phone on another bike with another mount. Cost of replacing my phone was several times the cost of a quality mount like the Hondo and others. A good mount to many is probably not worth the money until your at the counter paying to replace a device a cheaper mount was supposed to be holding. Yep that was me a few years back.

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Beware of vibrations if you've got an iPhone. A quick google search turns up a lot of examples of the vibrations killing the camera functions. I was going to get something from these guys, but I just got a new phone that could be a problem so I'll probably just get a tank bag with a window on top.

Steve398

... another retired Black Rat.
Bike
2018 BMW R1200RT LC
I use an Armorguard Mountcase for my iPhone 7 Plus, mounted on the headstock ram ball. Secure, waterproof, and doesn’t get in the way of anything.
44A2A755-1F42-4DBE-97F2-F4B232115D07.jpeg

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Beware of vibrations if you've got an iPhone. A quick google search turns up a lot of examples of the vibrations killing the camera functions. I was going to get something from these guys, but I just got a new phone that could be a problem so I'll probably just get a tank bag with a window on top.
+1. I've read a lot of posts on various forums of vibration killing the auto-focus mechanism. I'm sure it depends on the roads you ride and how long.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Ram mounts work great with the 7" Magellan in the center,,,, and the Galaxy 8+ on my right. If I am going out of eyeshot of the bike,,, I take my phone with me. It only takes 2-3 seconds to remove or replace,,, and the X-grip holds perfectly, while the bike gives me a full recharge, cheers,,, CAt'20170927_212122.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom