Centrodyne pulse divider effects

Bike
2004 ST1300A
What effect does changing the "divide" setting have? My Rostra is working OK now but if changing the jumper will make some drivability difference I would try a different setting and go through the dip switch settings again.

Thanks

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
As long as it send a countable rate to the Rostra controller, and it's operating within range, no difference.

Centradyne just lowers the number to count and the Rostra just dutifully counts pulses. Using a lower pulse number won't make it more happier, it still won't cook you breakfast, wipe off the seat or do your windows.

As long as it send a countable rate to the Rostra controller, and it's operating within range, no difference.

Centradyne just lowers the number to count and the Rostra just dutifully counts pulses. Using a lower pulse number won't make it more happier, it still won't cook you breakfast, wipe off the seat or do your windows.
Ok, I'm also doing this exact modification with the centradyne/rostra and was wondering if you can manipulate the pulses per mile setting to less than their claimed 33mph by making sure your real pulses is greater than the rostra's setting. Does the rostra scale anything based on speed, or is the only thing it uses this to limit your lowest set speed? Basically I'm thinking that if it just needs to keep pulses constant there should be no other reason it needs to know the equivalent mph. Just as a matter of challenge, I'm curious about getting it to work even down to 20 mph...

Also, I'm starting the dividers gain as provided on the 3rd jumper, any thoughts there?

Ok, I'm also doing this exact modification with the centradyne/rostra and was wondering if you can manipulate the pulses per mile setting to less than their claimed 33mph by making sure your real pulses is greater than the rostra's setting. Does the rostra scale anything based on speed, or is the only thing it uses this to limit your lowest set speed? Basically I'm thinking that if it just needs to keep pulses constant there should be no other reason it needs to know the equivalent mph. Just as a matter of challenge, I'm curious about getting it to work even down to 20 mph...
ok, I think I found my answer here:
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/how-did-you-deside-your-ppm-on-rostra-setting.145412/#post-1851433
this guy is basically unintentionally doing exactly what I was thinking about doing intentionally...I see no reason to limit my options to a low speed set point.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400

Also, I'm starting the dividers gain as provided on the 3rd jumper, any thoughts there?

ok, I think I found my answer here:
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/how-did-you-deside-your-ppm-on-rostra-setting.145412/#post-1851433
this guy is basically unintentionally doing exactly what I was thinking about doing intentionally...I see no reason to limit my options to a low speed set point.
Welcome to the forum.
Let us know how your modification works out for you.

Top Bottom