Change in '09 and up front master cylinder

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Surprise, Honda made a change to the front master cylinder internals beginning in 09-12. I ordered some gorgeous C/5 levers from ASV (not in red);

...and the clutch fit perfectly, no joy on the brake lever. I shot them an email with pictures & description of the fitment problem over the weekend- and we got on a call yesterday.

Talk about service- once we sorted out what was happening, the Service Manager jumped in his car and headed over to Huntington Beach (CA) Honda Powerhouse- they were gracious enough to let him investigate several vintages, and they soon figured out things had changed a bit. So- they are updating their product application guide and shipping me a couple levers (correct model is BRC510)- be here Thursday.

Nice.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That was probably changed in 2008, lots of little small changes were made and a few to the brake components like larger front calipers.

OP
OP
NorCalBusa
Bike
2012 ST1300A
Available is several colors and short or long (stock) versions. He's sending me both short and long so I can decide which I prefer- cool deal.

OP
OP
NorCalBusa
Bike
2012 ST1300A
New ones have arrived, the correct C5 part number for the '08 and up brake is BRC510. With that, your color and length choice- it's a 30 second install, 15 if you already have the complex tools laid out (screwdriver and a 10mm). I stuck the short on and will run that for a bit (when the rain stops), then try the "long" (its only 1" longer).

Top Bottom