Checking To Make Sure It Will Fit

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I want to install the FOBO 2 on my 2007 ST1300A. As far as I know, nothing has ever been replaced on the wheels (except the tires :) ). I have noticed some postings about the hole size for the valve used to inflate the tires so I wanted to make sure that these will fit. I believe they will but just wanted some "feedback".

Thanks.

Wingstuff FOBO 2 TPMS Accessory

Bike
R1200rt
I want to install the FOBO 2 on my 2007 ST1300A. As far as I know, nothing has ever been replaced on the wheels (except the tires :) ). I have noticed some postings about the hole size for the valve used to inflate the tires so I wanted to make sure that these will fit. I believe they will but just wanted some "feedback".

Thanks.

Wingstuff FOBO 2 TPMS Accessory
yes

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Make sure you have metal valve stems.
+1 on that. Plastic or rubber valve stems will eventually fail at the base because of the constant bending imposed during acceleration & deceleration arising from the effect of centrifugal force on the valve cap.

You may wish to get 90° angle metal valve stems, that will make it a lot easier for you to access the valve when you need to add air to the tires.

Michael

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Make sure you have metal valve stems.
+1 on that. Plastic or rubber valve stems will eventually fail at the base because of the constant bending imposed during acceleration & deceleration arising from the effect of centrifugal force on the valve cap.

You may wish to get 90° angle metal valve stems, that will make it a lot easier for you to access the valve when you need to add air to the tires.
The link that he provided is for metal T valve stems. He wants to know if they will fit the ST1300 wheel.

The ad states Suitable for rim valve hole of 11.3 mm or 8.3mm in diameter. The ST1300 has an 11.3mm hole, so they should fit.

OP
OP
jfheilman

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Thanks gentlemen. Yes I have verified they will work with 11.3mm and just wanted to make sure what the size on the rim was.

Thanks for the feedback.

Top Bottom