Cleaning A Camelbak(sp?)

Louie Louie

I recently purchased a brand name camelback. I tried to clean the reservoir but notice the hose that is attached at the bottom of the bladder is almost impossible to remove. Does cleaning a camelback hydration device require one to remove the hose from the bladder, or can I simple rinse the bladder and disregard the connection at the bottom.?

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
Rinse the bladder with warm water, dry with paper towels. When not in use, I keep dry paper towels stuffed inside to soak up any moisture.

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
Cleaning and Maintenance
No other hydration company places as much of an emphasis on keeping your reservoir clean as we do. We offer the following guidelines for taking care of your CamelBak:

1. Fill reservoir with warm water and mild soap.

2. Clean with Reservoir Brush and Tube Brush.

3. Re-fill reservoir with 1 L of water.

4. Add 1 Cleaning Tablet

5. Shake reservoir until tablet is dissolved.

6. Let stand 5 minutes.

7. Remove water from reservoir.

8. Rinse reservoir thoroughly.

9. Re-fill for drinking or hang dry completely before storage.

By following these disinfecting guidelines you can reduce common micro-organisms and build-up over 99.99%. In an emergency, you can also add a tablespoon of bleach after step 3. Be sure to rinse thoroughly, however.

To clean the actual pack, we recommend that you soak it in a tub or bucket. Wash with cold water and mild detergent then hang dry. It is not recommended to place your CamelBak pack in the washing machine. By doing so, you will void your warranty. However, if you absolutely have to use a washing machine, we suggest that you remove the reservoir and place the pack in a mesh bag (for delicate items) before placing it in your machine. This will prevent any straps from getting tangled up, stretched, or pulled off while in your machine.

Are you sure that the tip won't 'pop' off, mine does. Also, what I do is (after cleaning) is put in a (clean) dry wash cloth to dry it out even more, hang so the hose is at the bottom, and use the blow dryer (in warm or cool mode) to help blow out the moisture.

I shove the looped hose inside (unscrewed) to allow air to dry it completely before I store it. I add ice tea mix to my water, and it does stain the bladder. I'm not that paticular... soapy water, rinse, dry. Done.

Top Bottom