clear indicator lenses

ia there anywhere (UK) i can obtain these from , was going to install some switchbacks but a bit pointless if the clear lenses don't exist

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
There was a guy in Holland who sold them for the ST1100 but all gone as of last year. eBay is your best bet I think

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
There was a guy in Holland who sold them for the ST1100 but all gone as of last year. eBay is your best bet I think
I don't think so... @ad1993pan was the only source for the 1100's lenses. You'll only find lenses for the 1300 elsewhere and they're not interchangeable

Bike
2010 ST1300
I don't know much about 3-D printing. Most of the examples I've seen are colored plastics, ceramic compounds, and even metals (high end). Do these machines have the capability of printing a clear plastic?

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I don't know much about 3-D printing. Most of the examples I've seen are colored plastics, ceramic compounds, and even metals (high end). Do these machines have the capability of printing a clear plastic?
Yes, and yes... but once you get the quote for a one-off run of one or even several sets, plus the CAD service to make a design that will even be serviceable, those amber lenses aren't going to look so bad after all.

Maybe @ad1993pan has the CAD files from the ones he commissioned?

Good luck!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
. @ad1993pan was the only source for the 1100's lenses.
This ^. Nobody before that I've ever seen nor since (though it's only been a minute or two. It was quite a process to get them manufactured. He wasn't keen to do a second run so what's out there is all there is. Presumably they're all in the hands of individuals. They're not really a product you might buy up for speculation down the road.

ia there anywhere (UK) i can obtain these from , was going to install some switchbacks but a bit pointless if the clear lenses don't exist
At this point there might be someone bought a set and didn't install them or a spare pair and at some point no longer need them. Those might be offered for sale here on on ebay. Who knows. Getting those made was one of the coolest labors of love I've seen in the ST world. And there have been a lot of them for both STs.

I think Ad was also part of a group of guys who got together to mod the ST meters with different color LEDs similar to Blue Gauges. I don't remember if he or the group did the LDC display as well..

Bike
2010 ST1300
Yes, and yes... but once you get the quote for a one-off run of one or even several sets,
OK, in another thread a number of our active members talked about using 3-D printers for various things. I was wondering if anyone had access to a laser scanner that could create a file suitable for a printer.

That's why I asked.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I remember reading that Ad actually had molds produced. Mayhaps he can tell you who has them, and that person may be willing to sell them or run another batch.

Top Bottom