Clearview windshield

Are you thinking of picking up a new Clearview windshield? I signed up for their newsletter and received this 20% off coupon. I ordered the small version with the five position vent for my 2006 ST 1300.IMG_3451.png

David Fyffe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 ST1300/1978 GL
Are you thinking of picking up a new Clearview windshield? I signed up for their newsletter and received this 20% off coupon. I ordered the small version with the five position vent for my 2006 ST 1300.IMG_3451.png
typical BS closed during sale

Do all 3 ST1300 shields have a flip at the top? I can't tell from the photos, some look like they have it and others do not.

Me too. I have three of their shields. I always order on their site without issues.
What are the advantages of the shields over stock and which one do you like best? Thanks for any input on this as I am considering an aftermarket shield.

What are the advantages of the shields over stock and which one do you like best? Thanks for any input on this as I am considering an aftermarket shield.
I replaced my stock ones because of scratches and wear. I get the slightly taller and wider shields for more protection. Clearview is my choice because they call for using RainX in the glass formula. That really works well in the rain. They are also a bit thicker so move less.

Bike
2012 ST 1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
Shields are kind of like oil .... The V Stream pushes the wind out to the sides and gives a lot of protection but it doesn't push air up and over, so you'll be looking thru the shield (near the top). Aeroflow pushes the wind up and over, you'll look over the shield. But more wind comes in from the sides. Stock doesn't do anything well.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I rode with my Clearview gt med. for years,, and was pleased with the cost, value, quality and performance of it. It's off the bikes now,, but I still have it, and may use it again in the future. IMHO, it was a very good choice for my all round improvement. If you feel that your oem shield is not meeting your needs, remember that the shield is only one element in the overall air flow around the rider. Other factors,, such as mirror wind deflectors, and windscreen position, and other factors work in concert with the shield. So take the whole big picture into consideration when choosing your new windscreen. CAt'

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
I am 6 foot tall... 6 foot 1" on good days. I bought the XL windshield from clearview, for my 2000 ST1100.
Eventhough it is a few inches higher than the original, I am still looking over it, not thru it.
I could see the difference on my helmet after a ride : no more flies on my helmet's visor. Only a few ones that got smashed near the helmet's top.
It is also a more quiet ride: less wind around the helmet.
I also enjoy the "cat's eye holes" at the base of the shield, that acts as pressure relief valves.
They are wider and also a bit thicker.
They are a little bit more expensive than other brands ( I previously had a National Cycles shield), but I think it really worth it.

Chris

Last edited:
Top Bottom