Clip on tank bag

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
I have owned my 07a since new and I own a magnetic tank bag. I like it but hate it
Dislikes
1 - when I turn the right side handle bar all the way forward I hit the horn on my tank bag.
2 - I have to remove the bag carefully so I don't scratch my tank when fueling up.
3 - .... must be more but cannot think of others

Hopefully new tank bag

Is there a tank bag on the market that clips on the gas cap housing. That way I can unclip, fillup then reclip and drive. Does it come with a window to hold money for tolls.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Yes, there are several. I have the Bags Connection Evo tank bag. The plastic ring fits around the gas cap and the bag clips to the ring. They sell a lock, but how secure is a cordura bag going to be when you can slash it open w/ a razor blade? The bag sits above the tank - no scratches. Mine came w/ the adapter plate in a separate package (thats the way it is sold) so I was able to trial fit the bag to the bike to allow clearance when turning lock to lock. After deciding where I wanted the bag I drilled my holes and fit the plate to the bottom of the bag (there was room for fore and aft positioning before I marked and made the holes).

I don't use it much any more, but iirc, the horn was indeed a problem. The evo is not very large. Twisted throttle sold the one I got, but Iron Pony in Columbus, Ohio had at least two other brands a few years ago when I was in the market for this. No idea what is available in Canada.... Grin, see if Fortnine has done a video on tank bags. If not, email his company and tell him to do one.

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
when I turn the handle bar all the way to the right I hit the horn
Move your horn button back to the left bar, where it should be? :hat1:

I'll be watching the thread closely though... I've been thinking about getting a Bagster "tank bra" and bag for a while now...

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
1 - when I turn the handle bar all the way to the right I hit the horn
Move your horn button back to the left bar, where it should be?
:rofl1:

There have been a few threads and posts (one just recently) about making a metal guard to keep a tank bag from activating the meeper or horn (whichever you have).

edit: here's a pic from a recent post:

It seems a lot of tank bags alert the immediate area to slow left turn or hard right turns. Ok maybe not hard rights.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST-1300
I have a RKA tank bag that has adjustable straps to hold it to the tank. I had to adjust them so the bag is slid more towards me so I can do full lock turns without honking.

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
:rofl1:

There have been a few threads and posts (one just recently) about making a metal guard to keep a tank bag from activating the meeper or horn (whichever you have).

edit: here's a pic from a recent post:

It seems a lot of tank bags alert the immediate area to slow left turn or hard right turns. Ok maybe not hard rights.
I seen this on the site. I thought, what a good fix. BUT this is not a ST1300. The windshield switches not there.

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
Similar fix could be done on the 13 though (maybe the picture is an 11, since they don't have the adjustable windshield?). Just been out to eye mine up, it'd be pretty simple to use the lower bolt holding the clutch reservoir.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Similar fix could be done on the 13 though
This. The point wasn't meant to be bike specific. It was handy to show what could be done - not what specifically should be done. I'm pretty sure there are members here who've done that for the 1300. But as I don't use a tank back I won't go looking for their solutions.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Givi also has a quick disconnect version. I like their approach better.

Bike
2014 CB1100DX
I have a RKA tank bag that has adjustable straps to hold it to the tank. I had to adjust them so the bag is slid more towards me so I can do full lock turns without honking.
I just talked to RKA vendor (Richard ... the R guy in RKA) and this 40 year old company seems amazing ... all products made in USA at their factory near San Franciso. Richard recommended "13 Liter Mini Expandable "Shiloh Road 3 Wedge" which I bought. It is 7W x 10L x 5.5H. I also just received the Mosko Pico v2.0 bag yesterday, but it is way to small at 5W x 8L x 3.5H, so I am returning it. THEY KEY DIMENSION IS THE WIDTH ... a 7 inch width is about the max you can have if you don't want to hit the handle bar switches when on max turns.

Top Bottom