Clutch & Brake fluids

Bike
2011 Suzuki 1250FA
Good morning everyone!

Its time for me to change out my fluids, esspecially the Clutch fluid as its getting fairly cloudy, What fluid would i use for Clutch fluid in my 2011 Suzuki 1250FA (Full fairing bandit)

Bike
2010 ST1300
Clutch juice is usually the same brake fluid you use in the bike. While I don't know about your particular bike, my Suzi VStrom 650 does use brake fluid in both circuits. Btw, its probably a good idea to flush both systems at the same time.

Not having a motion pro bleeder, I opted for speed bleeders on my DL. They work like a charm and since there are fewer than on my ST, their purchase did not break the bank.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Good morning everyone!

Its time for me to change out my fluids, esspecially the Clutch fluid as its getting fairly cloudy, What fluid would i use for Clutch fluid in my 2011 Suzuki 1250FA (Full fairing bandit)
Normally, that information is right on the top cover of the master cylinder. DOT4 brake fluid would be my guess.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Check your owners manual, and or look on top of the master cylinder housing lid.
Don't assume that all bikes use Dot 4. Some bikes still use DOT 5, or Mineral oil (BMW).
Mixing fluids does not always go well :doh1:

OP
OP
czarwolf
Bike
2011 Suzuki 1250FA
Thanks guys, all of my master cylinder's and manual say DoT4, Which brings me to another question, How does one bleed the Clutch? Ive seen enough vids and have done cars so i know brakes and those are easy comparatively.

Bike
VStrom 650
Thanks guys, all of my master cylinder's and manual say DoT4, Which brings me to another question, How does one bleed the Clutch? Ive seen enough vids and have done cars so i know brakes and those are easy comparatively.
There will be a nipple on the slave, just like brakes, crack it open and it might flow out with the cap off. My ST11 does just this, I don't have to pump it out at all.
If you've done brakes the clutch should be easy enough.
Famous last words.
Upt'North.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Pull and hold clutch lever, open and close bleeder, release lever, and repeat.

In other words, use the clutch springs to push out the old fluid, not the lever.

Top Bottom