Coin holder for tolls.

Bike
stx 1300
During my commute to work i encounter toll booths,so out of desperation i came up with this idea.I have one fitted each side.
No matter how bumpy the road is the coins will not budge,it only takes a second to hand over the change and they will hold 3
coins comfortably each,simples!

d5e99047-633e-5370.jpg
d5e99047-631e-83ea.jpg
d5e9904b-6350-7a18.jpg

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Nice, easy and cheap, I like it.... now, please change your clutch fluid.. LOL.. sorry, just too easy.

STOC #
thats a cool idea...from 1980 :D

No really, very cool, but tolls out here would cost a LOT more than one to three coins. Even if those coins were silver dollars.

Our EZ Pass Tags (Electronic Toll Tags) are a necessity....Take a look.

Motorcycle (no tow) $8.50 w/EZ PASS $11.00 CASH

You don't even want to pull a trailer behind your bike...

Car or motorcycle with single-wheel tow; $16.00 w/EZ PASS $22.00 CASH

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Clever. Got a part number for that gadget? :rolleyes:

I have a coin holder that came in a truck (my '92 Toyota, I think) that snugs perfectly into the right fairing pocket all the way forward. Been in the same spot for 10 years. I velcroed an old money clip to the front to hold a few dollar bills. Great system.

Then 3 or 4 years ago I got an EZ Pass. I haven't had to deal with coins and singles since. I don't often take roads that require tolls on a bike, but you can't always avoid them. Try heading east across the Hudson River without it costing something (or going way north).

OP
OP
smoking707
Bike
stx 1300
I live in the fair old land of Ireland. Our toll operators don't have a easipass
facility for bikers,they can't be bothered or too much hasel,but they will take
my euros quick enough though.
As they say"that's a bit Irish ":)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Tollbooths around here still take cash (for the time being) but don't take coins, unless you handing change to the toll taker.

But as I just crossed a bridge yesterday wishing there was some way to clip the bill to the bike, this might be just the ticket.

And another LOL on the clutch fluid! (Although mine is the same color!)

Bike
ST1100
I live in the fair old land of Ireland. Our toll operators don't have a easipass
facility for bikers,they can't be bothered or too much hasel,but they will take
my euros quick enough though.
As they say"that's a bit Irish ":)
Great idea,I usually avoid tool roads because of the hassle of looking for change in my pockets.

PS I,m just up the road from you in Kells

Bike
2010 ST1300A
Here in Victoria, Australia we only have a couple of toll roads (happily) one takes photos of the front of a vehicle if it does not have an electronic tag and send a bill inlcuding a significant admin charge. Happily they have worked out that it is difficult to identify a bike from the front so they generously allow bikes to use the toll road for free. The next one to be built overcame this issue by photographing the rear of the vehicles, so now they could identify bikes. The electronic tags don't work on bikes so they take a photo, and deduct from an electronic account. No admin fee and greatly reduced fee for bikes realising they don't do the damage to the road surface other vehicles do.
Of course our nanny style government is trying to legislate for bikes to have front number plates - why - because they installed a whole heap of speed cameras that photograph the front of vehicles (probably bought them cheap when other countries were unable to use them).

Top Bottom