Colorado Rides

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
With all the requests for road info here in Colorado, I thought I would post a GPD file with some of the better known roads. Should be helpful to visitors to the state. Have fun..:06biker::03biker::04biker::biker::07biker::biker:

Here is some great road info...http://www.coloradobyways.org/main.cfm

The gpx file is too large to upload as an attachment, if you want a copy email me and I will email it to you...

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
John, if you see anything I forgot let me know. Always looking for new rides...

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
With all the requests for road info here in Colorado, I thought I would post a GPD file with some of the better known roads. Should be helpful to visitors to the state. Have fun..:06biker::03biker::04biker::biker::07biker::biker:

The gpx file is too large to upload as an attachment, if you want a copy email me and I will email it to you...

Yea please shoot me a copy my way. Need to keep up with the rides. Thanks

OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Shelf road from CC??
Skyline dr just West of Canon City?

Putt...
Putt I had to draw the line somewhere, I actually have never been on Skyline dr. I also didnt include Hwy 9 from 50, and the road into Cripple Creek. I would be for ever in your debt if you would add any rides not in the file, I bet you have quite a few I am not familiar with.:D If there are any other roads I should include lemme know...

Heck I just looked I am not familiar with Shelf road either...

Last edited:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
John, if you see anything I forgot let me know. Always looking for new rides...
Nick...I just had my first chance to look through the file. Very nice collection! There are a few roads in there I've not been able to do yet.

The attached image shows a segment that I think also earns a spot in your file of top Colorado rides. I usually go to CoSpr, then down 115 to Penrose, 50 thru Canon City, and then I follow the route shown below to Divide. I either come back through Woodland Park, Deckers, & Conifer, or will go further west from Divide to Hartsel on 24, then north on SR 9 to Fairplay, then back from Fairplay any number of ways.

In the image below, there's also a variant where you stay on SR 9 a bit further NW then go through Guffey, then CR 102 to Teller County Rd 11. All roads described here are paved.

Attachments

OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Nick...I just had my first chance to look through the file. Very nice collection! There are a few roads in there I've not been able to do yet.

The attached image shows a segment that I think also earns a spot in your file of top Colorado rides. I usually go to CoSpr, then down 115 to Penrose, 50 thru Canon City, and then I follow the route shown below to Divide. I either come back through Woodland Park, Deckers, & Conifer, or will go further west from Divide to Hartsel on 24, then north on SR 9 to Fairplay, then back from Fairplay any number of ways.

In the image below, there's also a variant where you stay on SR 9 a bit further NW then go through Guffey, then CR 102 to Teller County Rd 11. All roads described here are paved.
Great road John I will throw it in there, I did that route this summer and enjoyed it alot. Still looking for Skyline road Putt referred to, I see a short road outside of Canon City but Im not sure if thats the road he is referring to. Might need a scouting trip soon...

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Great road John I will throw it in there, I did that route this summer and enjoyed it alot. Still looking for Skyline road Putt referred to, I see a short road outside of Canon City but Im not sure if thats the road he is referring to. Might need a scouting trip soon...
Nick, I believe this is the road:

Attachments

OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
John have you ridden this? Its a fun little jaunt out of town, especially if you happen to live here in Golden...I ran behind a bicyclist yesterday that was MOVIN...

Attachments

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Oh yeah, that Lookout Mtn is a fun ride--a peg scraper if you know the road is clean! Usually on a weekday there are very few bikes or sightseers. Most weekends I've had to just piddle along behind other cars on that road.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Having lived in Parker for 12 years we had the opportunity to ride just about every road in the state. One year while I was president of Colorado Riders out of Lakewood Honda, we set up our ride schedule to ride in every county in the state. We did accomplish it. The ones out east we called "Useless Rides":p:. If you stay west of I-25 you just can't find a bad ride:D. One of my close favorites is Hwy 105 south out of Sedalia down to Palmer Lake. All the sweeper always reminds me of my riding in Italy :)when I was stationed over there in the early 70's.

Last edited:

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
No, I've not been on it, but I've seen it so many times...

I think these pics are taken on that same road...Putt can verify.
That are it... Not very long, but interesting..
I would not run down to Canon City just to ride it,
but if you are in the area, it's a nice little side trip...

Putt...

Top Bottom