Colorado River Rd

JimS

Today is a Good Day to Ride
Bike
'06
STOC #
...between Dotsero and Hwy 131. Looks like a good part of it is gravel and wondering if anyone's ridden it recently. I don't mind riding a dirt road as long as it's in decent shape.
Thanks for any good info.

With Google map you can use the little yellow man at the bottom right area (on my PC) and drop him anywhere on 301. The spots I dropped him at are good looking gravel.

Edit my last drop show pavement.

Last edited:
I was going to do that route 2 weeks ago but lots of rain persuaded me not to. It's about 15 miles of what looks to be doable.

Yeah, I'm familiar with Google Maps. It's the first thing I do when scoping out a new route. I marked about 18 miles of dirt road. I've also learned not to put too much trust in the 'street view' in this case. Don't know how old it is, and the detail isn't that great. So unless you want to 'travel' down it a hundred feet at a time, things like washboards and potholes aren't likely to show up. It's one thing to click down the road when it's a mile or less, but 18 is another matter. :turtle:
Al's comment is spot on as we've had a lot of rain this year so far.
But I appreciate the help, all the same. :)

I'm just playing around here but the pavement ends at the dog running. When you drop the yellow man you can then click and expand the box at the bottom left and move him about 1/2 at a time. by clicking farther along the road. Faster than just the move arrow.

dogrun.jpg

Yeah, I'm familiar with Google Maps. It's the first thing I do when scoping out a new route. I marked about 18 miles of dirt road. I've also learned not to put too much trust in the 'street view' in this case. Don't know how old it is, and the detail isn't that great. So unless you want to 'travel' down it a hundred feet at a time, things like washboards and potholes aren't likely to show up. It's one thing to click down the road when it's a mile or less, but 18 is another matter. :turtle:
Al's comment is spot on as we've had a lot of rain this year so far.
But I appreciate the help, all the same. :)
worst comes to worst turn around.

Well, I was hoping some locals would chime in who've ridden it. Unfortunately, I don't visit this website very often these days, so I don't know if there are many CO riders left who check out the forums anymore. I was just seeing if anyone's ridden it recently.
Doesn't hurt to check. I think I'll check out an ADV forum.

:eek: "turn around"? . . . blasphemy . . . it'll be better . . . just a little bit further . . . a little bit further!
Shuey

Yeah, you know what I'm talkin' about. Then about halfway through... :doh1:

Back
Top Bottom