Consider Getting Engine Guards

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
05A/07A/09PA
STOC #
One of my motor customers was working on I-75 when a truck put him into the wall. I installed the engine guards from Defender Supply to add further protection when he bought the bike. The $300 investment paid dividends by catching the bike instead of the rider being crushed under the bike. The right side made contact with the concrete wall preventing an unprotected impact. He’s going to be sore for a couple of months but he walked away from it.

2AFFC992-002C-4E89-818A-94AA1367697A.jpeg

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Although the guards appear to have worked well for the collision pictured, I wonder if they might also present a snagging hazard when slowly moving around obstacles or in confined spaces - thus causing, rather than preventing, a tipover.

Michael

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Although the guards appear to have worked well for the collision pictured, I wonder if they might also present a snagging hazard when slowly moving around obstacles or in confined spaces - thus causing, rather than preventing, a tipover.

Michael
It's like most things. Sometimes they can be a help and sometimes they are a hindrance.

Top Bottom