Coolant hose clamp sizes?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I had actually thought of these when someone had mentioned that the radiator necks were fragile. I would be interested in trying these for those 2 connections. Are they readily available Bob or are they a hard-to-find item? I dont recall ever seeing or hearing of them before you mentioned them
I bought those several years ago, but I would think you could find them at a auto parts store. Just need the sizes.

Because the clamps on the two radiator necks are so easily accessible (if they ever leak, you can get at them by only removing the side Tupperware), I don't think there is any need to pursue more exotic solutions to clamp the hoses onto the radiator. I would just use the OEM clamps there.

Michael
The only clamps I didn't use the thermal clamps at was the lower engine/waterpump connection and the upper left connection to the radiator from the thermostat housing. I really don't see anything exotic about them, you usually don't remove those any time you're working on things!

Bike
2010 ST1300
Because the clamps on the two radiator necks are so easily accessible (if they ever leak, you can get at them by only removing the side Tupperware), I don't think there is any need to pursue more exotic solutions to clamp the hoses onto the radiator. I would just use the OEM clamps there.

Michael
As I said I used the Gates there and (unintentionally) did not tighten them to full torque. No leaks a year later. I used a small dab of silicone grease on the radiator pipe because I could not get the hose on (Honda part) and was sure to put the clamp behind the bump in the pipe.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I had actually thought of these when someone had mentioned that the radiator necks were fragile. I would be interested in trying these for those 2 connections. Are they readily available Bob or are they a hard-to-find item? I dont recall ever seeing or hearing of them before you mentioned them
Yes, they are readily available. Looky HERE. And ALSO HERE. You can also google Gates SB Clamp for other vendors.

Top Bottom