Coolant leak found and fixed

I just wanted to share that my 03 1300 with 15,000 miles developed a coolant leak whilst sitting in the garage and not being ridden for 2 months (it has been a brutal winter in Illinois). Anyway, I found a small puddle of coolant on the garage floor so I figured I would tear everything apart and replace the thermo and coolant while I'm in there. (Thanks to this website for the great tutorials.)

I assumed I had a leak due to loose hose clamps; but to my suprise the thermostat housing cover was leaking. The bolts were tight so apparently the seal was the culprit.

The honda thermo was not malfunctioning but I figured I should replace it as there have been several issues with members on this sight. I installed the Turbo City thermostat with the included seal with no leaks so far. Changed coolant, tightened all hose clamps, and all is good.

P.S. Installed the Stebel compact horn also while the plastic is off...Holy Schist :D

STOC #
Another "Honda Quality" engineering sucess. Did all my leaky clamps including under the throttle bodies last year. The D@mn thing is leaking again. Very tempted to throw some powdered Barrs Leak in and forget it.

Drew

Top Bottom