Covers once luggage removed?

I love my 2006 ST1300 but when you take off the luggage you can easily tell they were never supposed to be removed. Has anyone ever come up with a clever way to fill that space for those times you really don't need to carry much with you?

Just midwinter thoughts. Thanks much!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Yes, some company sold some color-matched panels, or you could get them in black.
Another more savvy member may be able to specify the source, but I'm not sure they are available new any longer.
The pictures I've seen, still look a little funky. It's clear to me the bike just looks better with the bags on.
Others may disagree, and that's ok.
EDIT: is it really cold out your way? I can just imagine....

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Yes, some company sold some color-matched panels, or you could get them in black.
Another more savvy member may be able to specify the source, but I'm not sure they are available new any longer.
The pictures I've seen, still look a little funky. It's clear to me the bike just looks better with the bags on.
Others may disagree, and that's ok.
EDIT: is it really cold out your way? I can just imagine....
What @Sadlsor said.

IMO those covers served more as an example of why you should just be happy with the bags-off look from Kumamoto. I've never been a fan. Ugggh...

But everyone's entitled to their opinion.

1674869108816.png

Too bad they didn't do something like they did on the 1100 where some beauty panels fold down to conceal the brackets.

Bike
2010 ST1300
If you or a friend dabbles in fiberglass, you might be able to make something to cover that area.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Has anyone ever come up with a clever way to fill that space for those times you really don't need to carry much with you?
Basically a full height replacement side case with almost no depth at all.

OP
OP
Thank you much and my apologies for not doing a better job of searching for past threads about this subject. Since it's still mid winter in Montana I'll have to ponder cover possibilities. Sadlsor it was pretty balmy today at 32 but we're supposed to get 16 below in a couple of days. By the way my dad was stationed at Fort Rucker in the late 60's. I went to 6th grade on the Fort and 7th grade at Eastgate Jr. High just off the Fort. Eastgate is long gone now.

Interesting.
I don't think the way I use my ST that I'd get these. But they are a pretty cool concept. They have a popup banner saying "No overseas sales".
I guess one could "splash" the inboard side of the OEM bags and make some, huh. ;)

Bike
2010 ST1300
Not bad looking, however, I'd want to paint them to match the bike. In white or black they stand out too much (unless on a white or black bike). All this is moot since they are not shipping across the pond.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
The Bike Quip covers actually look pretty good. As for me, I can’t recall a time I took out the ST without the bags, as I use them for storing my gear when off the bike when riding. It’s one of the major benefits of a sport tourer. With the Silverwing, I have a large space under the seat, and use that all the time as well.

Is nice to have an option, IMHO still looks “ fugly” without the bags ….I’d use that money for something else …

Top Bottom