CPAP Question

Bike
2010 ST1300
Do a search (right end of blue band above on this page) for "CPAP. There have been a number of discussions on this subject and the aggregate of those threads will give you more information than a few posts here.

Bike
94 magna, 07 goldwin
jackery.com I use the explorer 240

Bike
94 magna, 07 goldwin
Will last 3 days if you do not use the humidfier

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
1. Find a CPAP that runs on 12v, as in uses a wall wart that puts out 12v DC. My home/camping machine is a Phillips System One PR1 .

2. Get a LiFePO4 13.2v battery big enough to run your cpap for the night (10 amp/hr lasts me all night with humidifer, 2+ nights without humidifer)

3. Place plug into saddle bag or trunk that gets power from bike and is manually switched or has a delay.

4. Plug battery into previously mentioned swtched power port and ride. Battery will be charged by bike alternator.

Last edited:

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I have both a Resmed Airsense 10 and a travel Resmed Mini (tiny)with a 12v adaptor that I travel with. I bought one of the small lithium jump start packages and made a 12V cigarette lighter socket adaptor to plug the 12v Resmed Mini power converter into. After use I plug the jump starter into my 12v lighter socket on my bike to recharge. I have a lighter socket in my tank bag and also in my top case that I use to charge it. They also make a 12v battery pack especially for CPAP machines but they cost a lot and basically are the same thing as a lithium jump start pack. I can also use the jump start pack for starting my bike as a backup if needed.

Last edited:
Bike
ST1100AY
I have both a Resmed Airsense 10 and a travel Resmed Mini (tiny)
I have the Airsense 10 and have been thinking about getting the mini. How do you find the mini without humidifer ? DO you use the same mask for both ? thx

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I have the Airsense 10 and have been thinking about getting the mini. How do you find the mini without humidifer ? DO you use the same mask for both ? thx
The mini uses the same masks as the Air Sense 10 but the hose is slightly smaller diameter. I have never used a humidifier even on my Airsense 10 so not having it is not an issue for me.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
I bought one of the small lithium jump start packages and made a 12V cigarette lighter socket adaptor to plug the 12v Resmed Mini power converter into. After use I plug the jump starter into my 12v lighter socket on my bike to recharge.

Are you still using the jump start lithium battery? If so what brand? Any issues with either the battery pack or the CPAP?

Send pictures of the battery pack. Thanks

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
I have been using a CPAP for 15 plus years and for me camping has been out of the question. My sleep apnea is extreme and I really can't live without it. In June my wife an I went to the Annual BMW rally in Great Falls, MT we camped but I was able to have 120 electric to power my CPAP. This is the first time we camped in years and we rather enjoyed it. After much discussion around camp I did a bunch of research and for a battery pack that is design for CPAP machines and does support USB charging as well. It was $299 but comes with a power supply to charge the unit plus cords for 6 or 8 different CPAP machines.

This week I got to try it out with my ResMed S9. The unit had a full 100% charge I used my CPAP without the humidifier and got 3 nights of sleep, Charged 2 phones that were at 40% and charged our SENA headsets. The final state of charge was 56%. I sleep about 6 hours per night.

Here is the link

Here is a photo showing the size.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 6.37.44 PM.png

Last edited:

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Are you still using the jump start lithium battery? If so what brand? Any issues with either the battery pack or the CPAP?

Send pictures of the battery pack. Thanks
Sorry I did not get back to you. I've been away from home for a work project the last couple of weeks and did not have the info with me. I have used my pack on my Resmed Air Mini a couple of times with no issues.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Uhh! Maybe it´s a US thing but I just plug it into the outlet at the campsite.

Not all camp sites have electric here in the US. There are many campgrounds that have RV sites and tent sites that does not guarantee the tent sites have electric. Most BLM lands do not have any amenities.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Not all camp sites have electric here in the US. There are many campgrounds that have RV sites and tent sites that does not guarantee the tent sites have electric. Most BLM lands do not have any amenities.
To add to that, campground spaces in many areas of the U.S. fill rapidly. Not having electricity as a requirement expands your options and improves the odds that you can get a site.

Top Bottom