Cruise control don't work

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
I have a audiovox cs100 control and it turns on but won't set. I took the pad apart and cleaned the contacts and fliped the touch pad but I can still not set it. Any help?

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
It may not be getting it's speed input or something, that would prevent it from engaging........ check connectors and speed pulse generator.

Papa Doni

John
Bike
07 ST 1300
STOC #
I did not do install on my bike, but had a problem because one of the vacuum hoses(Murph's Kit) was on the wrong post on canister( three,two with holes, one solid) Worked like a charm after correction. Not a techie, hoped that made sense!
JC

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
If there is a check valve installed on the vacuum line, make sure it is properly orientated. Also check/confirm Les and JC's suggestions. And check/confirm settings of the dip switches. Is there too much slack in the pull chain?

DAS

STOC #
check brake switch wire. Mine wouldn't work with the after market flashing brake lights. I think LED lights are the same issue. ground out the wire and see if it will engage but be ready to turn it off at the switch because the brake light will not disengage. A short pull and quick release on the clutch will cause a short increase in rpm and that will disengage too.

Bike
'91 ST1100
STOC #
Open the inspection cover on the servo unit and monitor the red LED. It should blink each time (after you turn it on) the unit sees an input - ON, OFF, SET, RESUME, BRAKE and it should blink slowly when the bike's engine is running and the unit is on and as the RPM's increase the LED will blink faster. If any of these inputs are not lighting up the LED then you should troubleshoot that input.

If all of this checks out you need to verify the amount of vacuum at the servo. My ST1100 shows 17" of vacuum at the unit.

The DIP switch settings are also important - I arrived at 1 ON and the remainder OFF on my '91 ST1100.

Good luck, it takes persistence.

OP
OP
Fster
Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
OK I finally got back to trying to trouble shoot this problem and I can not find anything wrong. I do have a question tho, If I unplug the vacuum line from the servo and plug it then hook the servo to a remote vacuum source start the bike and apply vacuum should the bike rev up? Mine does not so I think I have a bad servo.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I do have a question tho, If I unplug the vacuum line from the servo and plug it then hook the servo to a remote vacuum source start the bike and apply vacuum should the bike rev up? Mine does not so I think I have a bad servo.
It would make no difference, the remote vacuum source would be applying the vacuum to the servo just like the engine would so to answer your question, no, the bike shouldn't rev up just by applying a vacuum to the servo.

Top Bottom