"Cruise Control" for poor guys

Bike
ST 1300
psl do not take this title seriously, it?s just MY interpretation of a tool which I feel very comfortable to use. Just rest your heel of your hand on it and relax. No need to grip anymore. It?s cheap (<10$), installed in 30 sec and really worth to give it a try.

enjoy...

Rob

Attachments

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
I've used a similar one for years and also a Throttlemeister. Not as good as a CC but not bad. Takes some getting used to, but I love it.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
I tried one of those and didn't like it. Kaoko for now. Got the Rostra on the shelf for winter install.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just be careful, I've known more than one rider that got their sleeves caught on them at the wrong time and it contributed to an accident.

I like the vista cruise myself, cheap and easy to install with just a couple tweaks.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I like the CrampBuster, especially for the price; Shuey didn't care for it and gave it to me!

I have the Audiovox CCS100 installed to, but usually only use it on long slab trips.

early on i had a crampbuster-it didn't take long before i grew to hate the thing . once set up it did relativly well. but it required a lot of fiddling with. and as noted it did catch clothing- with or without guntlets

Bike
2004 ST1300
I didn't get on with the crampbuster. Most of my riding is a combination of urban stop start, rural sinding roads, and highway use, so it can be obtrusive with this use pattern. The Kaoko is nice but doesn't work for me either, because I tend to use the bar ends as grip extensions to allow a winder grip area, which could result in the throttle lock being applied inadvertently.

I find the Go Cruise to be the simplest and best so far - 20 bucks means it doesn't hurt the wallet, either. Breakaway's have to be the gold standard for friction locks as disengagement by application of the front brake has to be a good thing.

I made this one from looking at another guy on the youtube. Took about 2 minutes and was pretty much free. Some shrink tube and a marking flag wire. It is sturdy enough to hold in place, but flimsy enough not to get hung up. I can roll the throttle on and off. I rode around this weekend with it testing it out. I only need a quick break to shake my right hand and arm out every now and then. I push it down to hold the throttle, shake out my arm, pull in the clutch, roll the throttle off, it pushes up and I keep moving on down the road.
[video=youtube;MVAqBuiNFoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVAqBuiNFoc[/video]

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
I had the sleeve issue to but cutting the arm back till it didn't catch the sleeve solved to problem and works great along with the vista cruise.

Bike
1995 ST1100
STOC #
I just ordered a NEP throttle lock since using my Throttlemiesters is kinda.... weird. I have to take my hand off the throttle to twist the TM to the lock position, then roll on the throttle. I don't like doing that. Having a little thumb tab to flip up or down will be much nicer!

gepol

Greek Guy
Bike
ST1300A 2008
I use the crampbuster for over 4 years now, and I'll never change it, nor can do without it. It takes some getting use to, but it's just a matter of one trip. In town, I turn it all the way down so it doesn't bother me....

Bike
1995 ST1100
STOC #
Rick, I've got a CCS100 on the way... so I'm going to hold off on the NEP lock. I just got the NEP in today, but should have the CCS100 next week. TexSTOC is the week after... Maybe I can take a day and get it installed... I'm not sure yet.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
A touch more OEM-ish than the homemade version in post #11 and $15 more but its another poor guy option that works for a short time, to give your hand a break.

(Nice 1/2 ATTGATT gloves eh? - wonder if he's wearing shorts with armor) :crackup

[video=youtube;WAklTq-V6VM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAklTq-V6VM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Top Bottom