Cruise Control Questions

Bike
2008 ST1300
Maybe there is a thread already started but...

I have been looking for a cruise control for my '08 st1300 and cannot find one.
I then started looking for a throttlemeister and they go up to the '07 model.

What to do?

I now have arthritus in my right shoulder, elbow and wrist and need one.

Help

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The controls haven't changed; Throttlemeister probably just got lazy about updating its specs.

--Mark

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Check out the "Vista Cruise" as well. I had an Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control on my ST1100, but in reflection of how little I used it, opted for a Vista Cruise on my ST1300. All I ever need is a 10-20 second break to shake out my hand, so I figured the extra weight and complexity weren't worth the effort...

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
First you should decide if you want a throttle lock or a real cruise.

There are options either route.

I had a TM on the 1100, I thought they are a little hard to get used to using. The Vista is so cheap I had that on the 1100 and now on my 1300. It is easier to use an less expensive. While I agree it doesn't look as good, I don't care that much. I have all kinds of stuff hanging off my bars anyhow.

If I were to spend the kind of money on a TM again, I would go for an Audiovox and do a real cruise. I don't use it all the time but when I do, it would be nice to not have it either in a constant acceleration mode or decel. The throttle is so touchy on these bikes that it is all but impossible to maintain a steady speed with a throttle lock. Throw in slight hills and you can forget about it.

DoRight

as in Dudley
Bike
2008 ST1300
I have a Throttlemeister on my '08 ST1300 and it works great and is an easy install. I got mine from MCL (MotorcycleLarry). The only down side is that it has no intelligents for going up or down inclines, but if you just need a break to rest your hand or arm, it does the trick. I use it on the highway or on fairly level areas. I also have arthritis and this helps.

Bike
2012 GL 1800
STOC #
Do a search on Cruise Control. You will find all kinds of info on them for the ST1300. You might find the under $100.00 Audiovox, but they are not made anymore and are hard to find. Like others have said, do you want a quick rest, or hand off the gas for miles. I had a Vista Cruise and it worked fine. I got tired of the speed up and slow down every time a slight hill came up. I use my Rostra all the time and love it. Best money I have spent on my bike.

OP
OP
Kwixdraw
Bike
2008 ST1300
Thanks guys .. I went ahead and ordered a Vista Cruise.

Next project is those darn mirrors. I tried some stick-ons but they don't work well for me.

OP
OP
Kwixdraw
Bike
2008 ST1300
can see behind me now, Over the mirror light bar with DL 1000 mirrors mounted....
That looks like the logical solution, but I must defer to the reason I have always loved the ST, The beautiful looks and lines of it. Those mirrors seam to break up the lines.

I just ordered Multivex Mirrors multivexmirror.com. They are expensive though.

OP
OP
Kwixdraw
Bike
2008 ST1300
OK --- Sorry about the mirror departure, it looks like I hyjacked my own thread.

Back to Cruise Control.

I got my new Vista Cruise today and already have poblems.:confused:
For those who have the Vista Cruise, How did you install it?
There is not enough room between the master cylinder clamp and the switch housing.:confused:

Is there a thread devoted to this?

Bob

FJRHank

"Scooter Pimp"
OK --- Sorry about the mirror departure, it looks like I hyjacked my own thread.

Back to Cruise Control.

I got my new Vista Cruise today and already have poblems.:confused:
For those who have the Vista Cruise, How did you install it?
There is not enough room between the master cylinder clamp and the switch housing.:confused:

Is there a thread devoted to this?

Bob
Bob Bob Bob ;) there's probably a 100 devoted to this ;) here's one I created:

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10739

just a tip, it's pretty easy to find threads you want by going to 'search', but then click on 'advanced search'. At that point make the search for basically exactly what you want, in say one or two words... then click 'titles only'.

so in this case it would be 'vistacruise' or 'vista cruise'... assuming that's in the title, it won't take long to find what you want :)

good luck,

(just installed a vista cruise on my FJR, came out pretty good :) so far lol)

Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
To all,
Talked to Gary Murphy of murphskits.com today and he said he would honor pre production prices for the Audiovox ccs-100 the remainder of this weekend!!
ST1100nut

Top Bottom