Custom '18 wing colors at Schroader's Honda

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Nice. Really nice!

I'll take two GWT DCTs— one in Pearl White and one in Schroader Yellow.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Is that a thing with them, non-factory colors? Do they paint it or get it special from Honda?

I've not seen this before, but then again, I'm not in the GW world.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Is that a thing with them, non-factory colors? Do they paint it or get it special from Honda?

I've not seen this before, but then again, I'm not in the GW world.
In the past I've seen them switch colored panels so a black and yellow to do a bumble bee type scheme... but they must be either wrapping or painting them.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
If I could find riders with a white and a blue, we could swap some panels and come out with 3 patriotic colored bikes. :)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I called Schroader's just now and talked to the Sales Manager— Terry. He said it's paint and was done for a customer. Apparently you can tell him what additional customizing you want done and that's how your bike is delivered.

He's getting another one done with a different painter. He said the goal is to keep the price under $3500 which is what the 'Wing cost to get yellow. I'm afraid to think what that might cost in the CA Bay Area.

And he does discounting from MSRP. That's something we're not all that familiar with on the left coast. He is also familiar with the Fly 'n' Ride concept. That would make a nice road trip.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I called Schroader's just now and talked to the Sales Manager— Terry. He said it's paint and was done for a customer. Apparently you can tell him what additional customizing you want done and that's how your bike is delivered.

He's getting another one done with a different painter. He said the goal is to keep the price under $3500 which is what the 'Wing cost to get yellow. I'm afraid to think what that might cost in the CA Bay Area.

And he does discounting from MSRP. That's something we're not all that familiar with on the left coast. He is also familiar with the Fly 'n' Ride concept. That would make a nice road trip.
Oh yeah, they are one of the first places you want to call if you want a wing... good competitive prices and lots of volume.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It is really tempting. He said they also to a lot of customizing including lowering the bike and accessorizing. He mentioned Corbin seats but that's probably better down out this way with a ride to Corbin's. Anyway it's all mostly out of curiosity at this point.

Top Bottom