Darkside info

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
I will add my input here also. I ran a Sumutomo this summer. It handled the corners just fine paired with a Michelin Activ rear tire up front. I took a close look at ArkanSTOC and saw that I was at the wear bars. When i got home I took the wheel off and removed it while I had the help of a good friend. It lasted 13,000 miles. The front tire is wearing quite well.

Here is where I took notice. I removed the valve core and once the tire was deflated I could feel the tire move on the rim. I DID NOT have to break the bead!!! I have mounted at least 6 sets of M/C tires since owning this bike and this is the first time that the bead did not require any, nadda, zip effort. Take it for what you want, but it is a little uneasy that there is no tire retension to the rim with the tire I was using. I just mounted up a set of PR3's.

I never once felt like the darkside set up I was using could not corner as well as any set up so far. It did take more pressure to get it to turn than my Brothers ST1300 on PR3's and my other brother K1600 on PR3's. That direct comparision lead me to go back to M/C tires.

Kevin

Top Bottom