Didn't see that patch of mud

I was pulling into a parking space like I normally when there is room to circle around and back it in. But for some reason I didn't see the 1" deep patch of mud right near the curb as I was coming around.

The front tire slid and over it went. I was able to hop off and land on my feet. The bike ended up on the left tip-over wing. Nothing else hit the ground, I was amazed. I thought for sure the bottom of my saddle bag would have hit also. The engine cut off by itself too, I forgot it had a sensor to do that.

Ended up with some scratches under the wing, but you can't even see it, I was only able to tell by feeling underneath. And for a 700lb bike, I picked it up rather easily. It's all in the legs. I love my bike.

jasonJonas

Saver of Turtles
STOC #
bummer. glad it wasn't worse. i'm still waiting for the inevitable. i bought some rear tip-over bars from a member a long time ago. i'm sure they'll save the panniers.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Welcome to the newest member. Gotta love them wings DAMHIK. I don't remember how hard it was to put her pack up. Sort of like "did anybody see that" and it was back up before it even hit me that the thing weighs 700lbs. :)

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Ahhhh, another member of the club and yet another tale to tell. It really is pretty amazing that a bike that heavy can go down so quickly and not be more damaged. Glad you weren't hurt.

John

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
What is it about a tipped over bike that immediately demands righting? I know I've done it myself, usually before even considering my personal damage. I wonder how many injuries are sustained as a result of impulsively righting the bike that were later attributed to the tip over instead.

Welcome to the club, I figure for an average guy like me those wings are worth a couple thousand dollars over the life of the bike!

Top Bottom