Do you have Two Brothers exhaust on your ST 1100?

Are they really loud or are they passable? I don't really care for loud pipes, but my newly purchased bike comes with them. I know the stock pipes are quiet.:confused:

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Hi ya Bart, welcome to the site. Maybe a little more information here about yourself and what your STriding when you get the chance. Again, welcome to the board. Enjoy! :D

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
They are REALLY loud.

A few years ago I had the misfortune of following an 1100 with TB pipes. Even wearing earplugs, the TBs were loud. I'd suggest looking for a used set of stock pipes on ebay, or with a wanted ad here. There is one lister who was parting out several 1100s. he might still have some stock pipes.

Bike
FJR 1300A
STOC #
I had Two Brothers on my ST1100 and they got loud repacked them it was a little better but switched to a pair of Staintune I like them much better.

Shain PreSTon

It's a good day for a ride!
Bike
'94 ST1100
STOC #
I have TBR cans on my ST and while I'm not a fan of loud bikes, I do like the growl of the ST with them. I normally keep my revs below 3k in town, so I'm not constantly announcing my presence. Although, the hooligan in me does like to come out and play from time to time. ;)

Bike
1991 ST1100 Red
My used 9100 came with Two Brothers. I'm with Shain on this one. They are a bit load compared to the stock pipes, But It is no where near what the drag pipes sound like on every Harley running around. And The ST seems to give it a sound of its own. I like the rumble and the non scooter sound from the factory pipes.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I know this is an older thread but thought I'd throw in my .02 for future readers. I've got a '91 ST11 with stock exhaust and a '01 ST11 with TB. After several hundred miles on both, I can't stand the TB and am looking to replace them with stock. Basically, I think they're too loud... I much prefer the sweet sewing machine sound out of the stock exhaust system.

Top Bottom