Don't forget the side stand - D'OH!!!

mi1300

Mike
Bike
2007 ST1300A
After a very windy ride home from work, I got off the bike in the driveway to open the garage, all good so far, got back on and carefully maneuvered between the cars in the driveway. Got to my little spot in the garage, surrounded by kids bikes and garden junk, in my mind I was quite content with the ride home and the good time I made, then I started to set her down on the side stand, only to realize that I quickly passed the point of no return!!! Help, the stand is not down and it won't stop falling!
Damage report: mirror cover popped of when it hit the closest bicycle causing minor scratches (not enough to repaint, but enough to remind me every time I see it) other than that, just my pride! Thanks for listening, I will now go for liquid grain therapy session...Mike

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Well, could be worse, you could have scratched the car too...

Welcome to the tip over club.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Doh! Welcome to the club.
No names but I know someone who did that with their kid still on the bike.
atgatt no harm no foul looked up and said "Why'd you do that dad?" :shrug2::rofl1:

The Cheese

It happens to all of us. Least you got out with minimal damage.

Shalom
Michael

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
At least you were in the privacy of your garage when you forgot to put the sidestand down, and not at a gas station...um...heh, heh. :eek::
I did actually manage to react quickly enough to save it before it reached the point of no return (mind you, I was on my Vulcan 500; considerably lighter than an ST)....and got applause from the other gas station customers!! VERY funny, folks! :well1: :)

Patty

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
Hey..CONGRATS! At least you didn't drop it on your civic that hasn't a spot or ding on it, destroy the mirror and dent both the front door and the rear door! :( That would have sucked & made your wife less than happy..I'd bet!:shrug2::scared2::doh1::doh1::doh1::nuts1: Don't ask me how I know! :shock::doh1::burnout:bl13:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
At least it was in the privacy of your own garage and not like mine when I was 18 years old, showing off my newly built 1956 KHK Model Harley in front of an entire bar full of bikers:wave1: Try Kick Starting an old Harley Sportster, with the rubber kick starter pedal, only to have it slip, smack the back of your calf, then run up inside your cool levi bell bottom jeans, then start slowing falling to the right:rofl1: At least I broke the bikes fall.

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Or be the hero and stop the bike from going over while doing nerve damage on the leg it's leaning against until an army can show up to lift it off you. I always dismount on the opposite side of the side stand now.

No comments from the Igofar gallery!

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
Your not alone... I HAD a habit of kicking down the side-stand to park and turn off bike in gear. One day (with SO on) I kicked it down , the engine shut off, I started to lean over....
All of a sudden realized we were past the 'point of no return' , side stand had popped back up, slowly went over. No damage to bike, just pride as I was with 2 Harleys. ( funny thing was later it was no big thing as it seems even they do it :) )

STOC #
A few years I was riding in some VERY hot weather and of course let myself get over heated and dehydrated. Buddy and I decided we had to take a break; pulled over at a rest stop; opened my visor to wipe the sweat out of my eyes, got off of the bike ... turned around and picked the bike back up and put it on the side stand I forgot to put down (and it was a Gold Wing ... don't tell me how heavy an ST is to pick-up) :banghead:

:slv13:

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
Ok..so, this morning I went out to get my ST from the garage and found this:

Turns out my wife had accidentally<?revenge for the civic?> knocked over the antique fan..onto my bike!

I'm open to ideas on fixing this one. :shrug2::please1::censored:censored:censored PIE PIE PIE!! er..I mean :pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1: :pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1: :pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1:!!

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
A bigger tank bag ?
Really tho, that is a heavy ding that will prob require some one skilled and then paint.

Bike
2003 ST1300
It's amazing how a 570lb zrx can levitate itself up back onto its wheels all by itself in under 1 second when one falls on you at a gas station with people watching... :wt1:

bk

Top Bottom