Doran 360M TPMS - Valve Stem Fitting

Bike
ST1100AY
Now I have my tyres off I was planning to fit the metal valve stems that came with the Doran 360M kit, problem is they don't seem to match the large hole in the ST1100 wheel ! Is there a different valve I need to get that will fit ?

ALso, I have both straight and 90 degree valve stems, the idea of having a 90 degree one appeals but it worries me that the bend will be taking the centrifugal force of the sensor (exernal black button sensor)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
You need the larger 11.3mm valve stems. I can't imagine any of the metal 90º valve stems having a problem with most screw on TPMS sensors. But the T-valve stems are a more convenient way to go. The horizontal part of the stem is used for filling without having to remove the sensor on the top of the stem.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Hawkshead sells the T shaped valve stems. You fill the tire through the horizontal stem, and the TPMS goes on the vertical stem. These will fit either size hole in motorcycle rims. I'm sure someone sells these in Europe. Getting them from the USA might be a bit difficult.

OP
OP
aSTerix
Bike
ST1100AY
Hawkshead sells the T shaped valve stems. You fill the tire through the horizontal stem, and the TPMS goes on the vertical stem. These will fit either size hole in motorcycle rims. I'm sure someone sells these in Europe. Getting them from the USA might be a bit difficult.
is it this one Hawkhead TV-1 ? it says fits size .453 which converts to 11.5mm so I'm thinking that would work nicely

Bike
2010 ST1300
Yes, that's it. I have those on my ST and V Strom. They work great and balancing the wheel is not a big deal with the T valve stem.

OP
OP
aSTerix
Bike
ST1100AY
Yes, that's it. I have those on my ST and V Strom. They work great and balancing the wheel is not a big deal with the T valve stem.
I have just ordered a pair, thankyou for the steer

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Will the stems in the 'link' fit 1300's?
Yes. I've seen two different T-valves that come with bushings and instructions that allow you to configure the stems for either if the two sizes of mounting holes.

Top Bottom