Double Darkside complete

Mounted the BT46 today, nice beefy tire. Back in May I had mounted the Hankook favorite on the rear, just finishing off that Michelin on the front. Seems the slight size increase
changed the geometry a little and I can do a tighter U turn OR the old front wasn't holding... either way it is an improvement. Quick run this afternoon,
no shimmies or wobbles up20220523_121004.jpg to 95..... I think I like it!!

20220728_071735.jpg

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
2D pictures can distort reality; it appears SO much wider than the bike tire out back.
Did you do any swingarm grinding? Right now that's a deal-breaker for me, although I'm getting closer to the darkness...
Been lots of threads on CT's, so what's the actual tire size of what you're showing us?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
2D pictures can distort reality; it appears SO much wider than the bike tire out back.
Yeah that pic looks like it should have been posted on 1 Apr. Besides– that rear tire looks like it still as about 2000mi left if Baird44 just keeps a little list to both PORT and STBD.

OP
OP
Baird44
Did you do any swingarm grinding? Right now that's a deal-breaker for me, although I'm getting closer to the darkness...
Been lots of threads on CT's, so what's the actual tire size of what you're showing us?
it is a LOT wider.... yes I did take the weld seam off on the swingarm. I also had problems with it rubbing at the top on the inner fender which is the backside of the battery box. I cut some of that away so I am going to have to fashion a liner on the inside of the battery compartment. I think I would search out a 195. I plan on going to that if I ever replace this one.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
it is a LOT wider.... yes I did take the weld seam off on the swingarm. I also had problems with it rubbing at the top on the inner fender which is the backside of the battery box. I cut some of that away so I am going to have to fashion a liner on the inside of the battery compartment. I think I would search out a 195. I plan on going to that if I ever replace this one.
There are a lot of different width tires of the same size 205/50/17, you need to find one that is not as wide. I am running the BF Goodrich with no problems https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/another-option-for-the-st-bf-goodrich-g-force-comp-2.146717/

OP
OP
Baird44
20220523_125254.jpg

Top Bottom