Down goes the VLX. Doh!

Bike
None
STOC #
:rolleyes: Ok Fred, here's another 2 year old TOT.

I'm riding my wife's 2000 Honda Shadow 600 VLX (sold). Little bike and easy to pick up. I know this because my wife dropped it in the neighbors flower bed when it was new:rolleyes: but that's another story that she can tell! Anyway, I'm approaching our driveway. This is what it's like to the best of my ability to discribe. Typical city driveway with a slight slope/bump at the curb to keep run off water in the street followed by an old crumbling asphalt approach between the curb and the sidewalk. I'm coming up with the drive on my right and slow to almost a stop to keep from loosing it in all the loose asphalt once I'm beyond the curb/bump and begin my right turn. I've got the front tire about three feet up past the curb/bump and know I'm in the clear. Needing a bit of gas to keep going smoothly I just begin to roll on the throttle when a chunk of asphalt, about a foot in diameter, tips up in front of the front tire just like a wheel chock. Well, that killed the engine and I was committed to the required amount of lean to make the turn into the drive. I knew the instant the engine stalled that it was going to try to go down but couldn't get my foot out fast enough to catch the bike before the PONR. Down I go and because VLX's are really short and my legs are fairly long, I can't get my right leg out fast enough to step away before being shoved onto my side on the asphalt by the weight of the bike.

Unbelievable!:oops: :oops: :oops: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doh1: :doh1: :doh1: Only took a second to get the little guy back on his feet but man! I was just glad that no one I know saw it happen. (knocking hard on wood) That was the last time I've dropped a bike but I'm sure I'll have another opportunity to try the lifting technique!

Hope this is worth a chuckle for everyone!

Top Bottom