Drink holder?

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I helped a friend install one of the RAM units on his Ducati ST3. We used one clutch lever brackets, attached to a handlebar clamp. Ugly as sin, but functional. (I have one on my DRZ400S - works fine.) Should work better on the ST1300 than the Duc. The "Butler" looks much better, and works better. It's cheaper, too, figuring the cost of the RAM drink holder and a ball mount. If you go with the RAM unit, expressmounts.com has excellent service.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I used to use something like the butler in my younger touring days, we called it a bar bouy. It was originally designed for boats. I think the coolest drink holder is the one using the Ram ball. I have a ball in the center of my MCL bar riser, I use a small clamp to connect it to the swivel cup holder. Check these out at MotorcycleLarry.com He also sells replacement clutch and brake reservoir covers with holes to screw in a ram ball.

Gonzo

3/4 Century of Trivia
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Camelbacks and their ilk are the greatest. After switching from water bottles to a Camelback on my bicycle, I will never go back. They work perfectly for the motorcycle, too, and I can go to most fast food places and fill it up with ice and water for free.

Wheels of Fire

Frank Wells
Hutsonville, IL 20 minutes from Moonshine (as the
Bike
05 ST1300
I used a Bell bicycle drink holder, the one with the adjustable rubber strap, hacksawed off the top section and mounted it using the master cyclinder clamp bolt. work good, not obstrusive. Sorry no pics...

Here is a pic of my drink holder, I added a satellite radio antenna on a small "L" shaped bracket

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
+1 for the wally world cup holder. I have mine mounted on the clutch bracket. I used the original bolts and only use one mounting hole in the cup holder and it works great. I've been using it for over a year with no ill effects.

old post i know but try this if you're really cheap. Go to a gas station\car wash\walmart type place and find yourself one of those automotive cupholders designed to sit on the car door\window.

The top portion fits your brake\clutch reservoir like a glove. Secure with 2 zip ties around reservoir. 50 cents to a dollar for the cupholder and 2 cents for the zip ties.

Mine holds a dunkin donuts coffee cup perfectly, riding through NYC streets and cobblestones streets in old Brooklyn and I have yet to loose one.

I have one on each of my bikes. On the Shadow I cut off the overhang and drilled a hole in the main flat rear section of the cup holder and bolted it to the side of my inner windshield.

Bike
Red
MCL ---Would this drink holder setup work well on the RAM ball that's built into your risers for the ST?

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
I use this http://www.facewest.co.uk/pp/primus/images/commutermugH306.jpg - fits perfectly to the left hand fairing pocket and keeps my coffee warm for at least 300 km. Especially considering, that inside the fairing pocket gets heat from the engine. I never drink while riding (I might consider camel-back or similar), and due to our weather don't usually (at least for 7-8 months now) need cold drinks anyhow.

Top Bottom