Dropped the bike yesterday....

Bike
ST1300
Well pulling into a parking lot full of people saw a few spaces open and decided to ride threw to back into the spot. Well making the slow right hand turn the bike just went over. Luckily the parking lot full of people was gracious enough to help pick up the bike. Only damage was a scrap to the tip over bar and scrap to the tip over wing. Oh yeah my pride.

tkresler

.01% squid
It's the pride that hurts the most. Mine was when I first bought it, I was stopping in a hotel for the night. It was wicked cold, and I didn't realize how stiff I was. Stopped, put my feet down, and it just went down on it's right side. The girls working the counter tried not to laugh, but it didn't work.

Welcome to the club.

Tim

DAS

STOC #
Is it always the right side? My 97 had a lot of scuffs onthe right wing cover and none oonthe left when I bought it. I've add one little tiny weeny scuff to the right side, still nothing on the left.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
From ahhh... watching Chris...:cool: yeah that's it... From watching Chris on the ST1300 and ST1100 I know that it is NOT just the right side...:rolleyes:

Mark

I'm a left sider. Welcome to the club, and rarely does it happen in the privacy of your own garage.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry to hear that you're no longer part of the "I've kept it Up" Club! :(

I'm sure Fred will be along and award you your TOA! :rolleyes:

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Well pulling into a parking lot full of people saw a few spaces open and decided to ride threw to back into the spot. Well making the slow right hand turn the bike just went over. Luckily the parking lot full of people was gracious enough to help pick up the bike. Only damage was a scrap to the tip over bar and scrap to the tip over wing. Oh yeah my pride.
Dropped in the parking lot in front of people... nothing worse. LOL. Here's your TOA!

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Well, you've got plenty of company. My pride actually got hurt first as my ST went down while my wife Maggie was watching, perched on top of her ST. Bummer.

John

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Wow, I've dropped mine twice (once on each side to keep it even) but I never manage to do it when anyone else is around to help pick it up!

What's the secret?

1st time I forgot to take the disc lock off (duh). 2nd time was in a snowy hard-pack ice mess on top of a mountain in Utah.

Oh yeah, and then there's the one I crashed.....

Let's not count that one!

Bike
ST 1300
l3194ff,

Try a little gloss black universal touch-up on the tip-over bar. It'll make it look like nothing ever happened. Glad to hear that you incurred no damage. :D

Ride Safe,
bygdawg

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Did anyone take a picture?... no.... then it didn't happen...

Top Bottom