DSLR - how do you carry yours?

Bike
R1200rt
cameras are so advanced there is no need to carry all those lens around. I have an older cannon IS and have great pics at 12mp. Keep it in my tank bag.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
cameras are so advanced there is no need to carry all those lens around. I have an older cannon IS and have great pics at 12mp. Keep it in my tank bag.
This is true, but photography is one of my hobbies, and I like to combine it with rides on the ST when I can. Has anyone tried one of these mirrorless SLRs out yet?

Bike
2005 st1300
Has anyone tried one of these mirrorless SLRs out yet?
Yes, I have used a Sony A7r3 some and it is stunning. Sony's exmor sensor is the standard other cameras are trying to strive for. The new A7r4 is out with 15 stops of dynamic range and 61 MP. I have been wanting to pull the trigger on a '3' for a while, but now the '4' is out. Thats the dilemma with buying cameras. The one you want finally comes down to a reasonable price when the new one comes out, then you feel you are short-changing yourself by not getting the new one, so you wait for the new one to come down in price, which it will when the next new model comes out... LOL

On a side note, mirrorless is great for bikes (and by mirrorless, i am refering to point and shoot cameras), for the size and there are many very good options these days. Mirrorless SLR's are still a size issue because of the lens. The lenses are the reason myself and others couldnt get rid of our SLR's

Last edited:

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I use a Nikon CoolPix L310 that I picked up on sale for about $110, I fastened a steel plate to the bottom and have a 2" magnet in the top of my tank bag. The magnet holds the camera just fine, also have a 18" tether from the bag to the camera. I can easily pick it up as I ride and snap away for some great scenic riding shots. Been using this for the past 50 -60,000 miles on trips and it works great. The camera has been very durable and is at a cost level that I am not very concerned if it was damaged. So far, so good.

Top Bottom