Dunlop drops D220 tire...

Jefro

I ride to Sturgis
I was talking to a Dunlop rep at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show friday night, and he said they dropped the D220 single compound tire for a new improved model with a new name, the RoadSmart. It is a Dual Compound tire, similar to the Michelin Pilot Road 2 and the new Bridgestone 021.
They are responding to a request for better mileage from the sport-touring crowd. The RoadSmart is recommended for the ST1300, the CBR1100, CBR1000, and the 1990 VFR750 Honda models. Not suggested for the ST1100.
It is also recommended for the FJR1300, the BMW RT and new K1200GT models.
According to the new catalog, the RoadSmart has the best wet weather performance of any Dunlop road tire along with higher mileage. The tire will be available after the beginning of the new year.
I told the rep that our forum members are reporting really weird wear patterns on the BT021 tires, and many are abandoning Bridgestone and looking for a better tire.
I know some of you guys put in a lot of miles every year, and I would be very interested to hear your first impressions and reviews of the new Dunlop tire.
In the mean time, I've got a couple sets of BT020s ready to go out in the shed.
Jefro.

Bike
2003 ST1300
I'm 4,500 miles into my 205 Sportmax tires and very pleased with the grip in cornering, but I'd appreciate more smoothness on the highway. Overall showing very little wear. My next tire will be a dual compound.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
HMMM...watched the video....NOTICED the DUNLOP sticker on the side of the bike but no other brand names. Wonder if it was funded by DUNLOP and hence the praise:nuts1:

OP
OP
Jefro

Jefro

I ride to Sturgis
I've been checking with my Dealer to see if these "Smart" tires are ready yet,
Not yet available from the major distributors...
Jefro.

Gonna have to do more to convince me. How can they prove that it is a faster tire with the human element?

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
They are dropping these pieces of S***? I say good riddance. I have 2800 miles on my front and it is cupped already. Tires have never spent a minute under 42 psi. I had a set of Dunlops on a pickup truck and they were junk as well. At the risk of throwing the baby out with the bath water, I will never purchase Dunlops again!

Top Bottom