Dyno after upgrades

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
I have not but I would like to.

I think the perfect time would be after changing plugs, checking (& shimming if necessary) valves, synching starter valves.

Ray

OP
OP
naturally wired

naturally wired

Rides Uwibami+Kura-Okami
to NM6R

Thanks for advise from earlier threads, I went with staintunes, K+n filter, and I pick my bike up tomorrow with the new pressure reg. installed , Im going to get a dyno done once honda releases the upgrade program for st's (no power comander required) just wanted to have an idea where I am now with hp, aprox anyway my best guess is about 124 to 126 at the rear wheel ?????by the way if you ever need new rubber i also two weeks ago installed pilot roads front and rear at 5045 miles and they rock!!!!!!!1000% better than stockers.....rain or shine..... :D

OP
OP
naturally wired

naturally wired

Rides Uwibami+Kura-Okami
Local dealers son ordered two for the cbr1000rr which are avalible now, anyway the dads a friend of mine built a new store honda everything and honda only with in the last two years, his son told me about some program or something like that, directly from honda which will allow a little hp improvement using all stock electronics . this kid loves to dyno bikes and our conversation three weeks ago started with power comander Questions at that point he told me about this, he told me the first stuff would be for the bigger sellers then in a few months would be avalible for the st... anyway hopefully tomarrow when i pick up my bike i can get more info.......just so we are all on the same page Im looking for 140hp at the rear wheel........... :cool:

Marshal_Mercer

Bumbleberry + Crumble = Yum!
Bike
Has new home
STOC #
naturally wired said:
.......just so we are all on the same page Im looking for 140hp at the rear wheel........... :cool:
I doubt that there?s much chance of that happening unless one finds and removes some sort of hitherto unknown ST engine governor. Good luck on this, though. I'll get in line if such a modification exists!

Marshal

HRCRob

ride hard, stay hard
STOC #
Staintunes+K&N+FPR Mod

naturally wired said:
my best guess is about 124 to 126 at the rear wheel ?????:D
I've got the same upgrades. My *seat of pants* dyno says aprox 120 rwhp. You get anything more than that from Honda and I'm definitely down.

STOC #
Sounds good

I'll have to say I think it's gonna take more than electronic upgrades and bolt ons to hit 140hp, but if you do it, or however you come out, please let us know, I have the bad habit of trying to wring out every little bit of performace out of my machines, 2 wheel or 4. I've held back on doing engine mods to the ST as I want to keep it as reliable as possible, and at that limits I think we'll have to settle with not much more power than it has.

BTW< Can you tell any real diffrence in riding with the K&N? I've seen dyno sheets all the time of power boosting with K&N in cars, but I've never been able to feel the diffrence so I just quit buying them.

George

OP
OP
naturally wired

naturally wired

Rides Uwibami+Kura-Okami
Picked up the bike today and all I can say is wow......... with all three mods plus rear bags off ,grampa rear fender gone ....wow.....turns every head you pass and speaking of passing no more down shift to go from 80 to 140 or so in fifth gear........ from 700rpm to redline smooth as silk ......also the owners son said that factory guy is still working to getting a few final bugs out of the program but he told me it just plugs in, reprograms and then unplugs as I get updates I will keep you guys up to date...........hope all of you have a great ride this week end ......I know I will...................... :D

STOC #
How about some pics of the rear view? You said you got rid of the big rear fender? What did you do to it?

WE NEED PICTURES!!!!

Thanks,
George

OP
OP
naturally wired

naturally wired

Rides Uwibami+Kura-Okami
All you have to do is remove the rear fender completely .....remove all four bolts and the fender is free....widen the two top holes on your lisense plate then reuse two of the bolts to attach your plate under the rear tail light, its also a good idea to use a washer between the bolt and the plate because the bolts where made to hold your fender not your plate ....the new photos you want will be in the new photo area in a few days...it looks good with the bags on because you can now see from the rear that you really do have a rear tire, but you really need the side pans from that guy in the uk to complete the look.. :cool:

Top Bottom