Eddie James - RIP

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Does anyone know for sure if this was Eddie James? The article doesn't give names.

If it is, I'm shocked. If it's not, it's still tragic nonetheless. :(

Charlie

Rider
Bike
R1200RT
Does anyone know for sure if this was Eddie James? The article doesn't give names.

If it is, I'm shocked. If it's not, it's still tragic nonetheless. :(
Kneebone sent out an email earlier today, and Lisa had an email out to LDRider by 8am Central time confirming that it was Eddie. Indeed, very sad news.

RIP Eddie.

jdpfms

JD Power
Bike
ST1300A&FJR1300
Yes, tragic. From what I gather from other forums, a van had a flat in the HOV lane and a car in front of Eddie swerved to miss it, but Eddie didn't. There is no break down lane for the HOV side but rear near the concrete median. I can't fathom anyone stopping in an active traffic lane without trying to get over to the far right shoulder even if on a freakin rim. That just angers me since it just seems the epitome of stupidity. I know I am thinking too much about other things at times and need to ride 10 seconds ahead of where I am.

JDP

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Good Golly, is this year never going to end? I didn't know him, but definately feel bad for him and all who did know him. RIP Eddie James.

STOC #
What was his member name? (He was a member here, right?)

<D>
I doubt that Eddie was an ST member. I don't think he ever owned one. But he is known far and wide in a variety of motorcycle circles. He participated in the Ironbutt many times and either created, organized and sponsored countless other endurance rallies over the last 20+ years. He worked for the AMA for a few years too.

I could wax poetic about Eddie, but there is no need for me to do that when much greater riders, who knew him better, have been leaving their memories for you to enjoy here:

http://tinyurl.com/yhg9qch

It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway. When you meet Eddie just once, you have a friend for life and you will never forget him. RIP Eddie.

Attachments

Snowman

Mike
Bike
04 ST1300
Sad sad news, met him at the '97 Iron Butt. Not many men could fill his shoes when it came to riding a motorcycle long distances.

Prayers and thoughts for friends and family.

Top Bottom