enricher binding

OP
OP
DeanR
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
That's kinda curious Dean. I had just orienented the new carb boots same as originals, removing one at a time and replacing, clamping in place on head. This kept the upper clamp retaining slot same as originals leaving upper clamp orientated same as originally was........ least from aging memory that's what I recall from a year and a half ago:rolleyes:.
Same here Brant. I'm just sayin' that Honda did not use that 'pin in slot' arrangement on no. 4., based on the original mounting.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Hey Dean, I didn't actually look at your picture full size the first time around and missed the 'front' marking, so I thought you were calling the right front cyl #4.

So now that I see what you're talking about here's what I remember. Two of the cylinders are oriented such that the pin goes in the slot, the other two are oriented such that it butts up against the other side of the block that has the slot. As I recall the ones where you're pushing the screwdriver such that it generates a counter-clockwise force (1 & 4) butt up against the block, the ones with clockwise force (2 & 3) the pin goes in the slot.

the cylinder orientation I'm using is:
2 1
4 3

What I was commenting on before is my #1 cylinder seemed to not quite rotate to the same angle I remembered it being at upon disassembly, but I was able to just barely get a screwdriver in there and tighten it down. The picture John posted looks pretty similar to what I was seeing on #1, you can just barely get at it, but when I loosened it I didn't remember it being that close for access. But it was a week or so in between the removal and replacement waiting for parts, so I may have just forgot. I thought your problem was you couldn't get that clamp to align such that you could get the screwdriver on it, so my previous reply was regarding that, not the #4 cyl question you were asking, sorry for any confusion.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
What I was commenting on before is my #1 cylinder seemed to not quite rotate to the same angle I remembered it being at upon disassembly, but I was able to just barely get a screwdriver in there and tighten it down. The picture John posted looks pretty similar to what I was seeing on #1, you can just barely get at it, but when I loosened it I didn't remember it being that close for access. But it was a week or so in between the removal and replacement waiting for parts, so I may have just forgot. I thought your problem was you couldn't get that clamp to align such that you could get the screwdriver on it, so my previous reply was regarding that, not the #4 cyl question you were asking, sorry for any confusion.
:confused: OK . . . . . now I am even more confused!:confused::)

OP
OP
DeanR
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Well, popped the carbs back on. No problem, although it is difficult to visualize if a couple are fully seated. Felt it bottom out and it is solid so should be good. Wound up pumping out the gas tank so I could pull it out to get the drain hose connected. Easy with the tank out. Pretty sure everything is connected back up...looks lots better. Choke lever working fine.
Now the timing belt, another first. Maybe it will be runnin' shortly!

Bike
92 ST1100
Well, popped the carbs back on. No problem, although it is difficult to visualize if a couple are fully seated. Felt it bottom out and it is solid so should be good. Wound up pumping out the gas tank so I could pull it out to get the drain hose connected. Easy with the tank out. Pretty sure everything is connected back up...looks lots better. Choke lever working fine.
Now the timing belt, another first. Maybe it will be runnin' shortly!
Yup.......a spray shot of silicone in each one, carb bank snaps on there right smartly. I got to do it twice in a row on the new boots, as I had forgotten to hook up the octy drain hoses. Was easy enough to hold carb bank up one hand and plug the four hoses back on. But hey, if I don't end doing everything twice, I can be certain I likely missed something:rolleyes:.

Top Bottom