ER 6I earplugs

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
First chance since purchase to really "try" them out...
Used the foam earpieces, shield down, full face helmet with the
visor open... pretty noisy normally, with the plugs, music was great,
noise attenuation was excellent, at 70, music was still just fine,
wind noise was just starting to degrade the sound... I like em...

Putt...

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
Lick 'em and STick 'em in a bit further and you will NOT hear the wind.
I have been wearing a set since my favorite plugups are in the shop for a bit of repair and I use the 3 flange thingys and when moisted and pushed in so they touch :eek: they really rock the XM.
Of course now I have to get someone else to type for me 'cuz all the grey STuff leaked out of my head :rolleyes: Can STill ride tho'

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I have been wearing a set since my favorite plugups are in the shop for a bit of repair and I use the 3 flange thingys and when moisted and pushed in so they touch :eek: they really rock the XM.
Of course now I have to get someone else to type for me 'cuz all the grey STuff leaked out of my head :rolleyes: Can STill ride tho'
Before this is all over, I will have gone through all the supplied
ends... When I (urk) worked for a living, I liked the foam
earplugs just cause they fit better... so they got the first
shot.. We did have some flanged plastic plugs that had
better attenuation than the foam ones. I got time, I'll
go through all that were supplied...

Putt..

Louie Louie

Uncle Don is right yet again! The 3 flange ones are beST

+2 on 3 ridge when pluged into my ipod shuffle. Although when singing along and weaving down the road not everyone will understand:biker:

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
LOVE 'EM! Although, it's wise to make a habit of replacing the tubes in 'em yearly. My left one cut out one day, and I was a bit ticked off until I bought the replacement cones, screwed 'em in and viola! Perfect sound again!

Now, I carry a spare set of replacement tubes in the ST glove box.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Don, how do these compare to the Sonys? I notice the Sonys will pull out of my ears sometimes when I take my helmet off as I think they stick out of my ears just a tad more than they could.

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Don, how do these compare to the Sonys? I notice the Sonys will pull out of my ears sometimes when I take my helmet off as I think they stick out of my ears just a tad more than they could.
Joe,
If these are the same Sony buds that were talked about on here a year or so ago, there really is not much comparison on noise isolation, Joe.. the Sony buds may have appear to have a bit more bass responce, but once you get
the ER properly fitted, the bass is there... You can run the ER at a much lower
volume setting... as to catching on the helmet, for me, the er's (once you get
them properly seated) stick out no farther than the Sonys...

Putt...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thank you sir.. and yes, it's the same Sonys we've discussed here over the last year or so..

Louie Louie

LOVE 'EM! Although, it's wise to make a habit of replacing the tubes in 'em yearly. My left one cut out one day, and I was a bit ticked off until I bought the replacement cones, screwed 'em in and viola! Perfect sound again!

Now, I carry a spare set of replacement tubes in the ST glove box.
Did you order the extra tubes directly from Etymotic industries?

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
Sorry for the slow response...out Burgmaning:p:
The ETs absolutely outperform the Sonys when placed properly in..I mean IN the ear. I was always reluctant to try the Etymotics due to the price. I had a malfuntion with my new plugups and sent them to be repaired, saw a set of ETs on Buy.Com for a good price and tho't hey...Glad I did, they rock!
They don't hang up on the helmet at any time.

Bike
04ST1300A
STOC #
Day one with the Etymotics ER-6i.

So far, disappointed. Where's the bass?

Came from Sony EX-71 earbuds. Have not used ERs on the bike yet...will do that tomorrow. I suspect these are better at isolating wind noise....but what happened to the bass?? :(

--Bryan
04ST1300A
:04biker:

Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
A lack of bass indicates that you do not have a tight seal in your ear. Be sure there is no play in the fit; press them in deeply and hold them there while the foam/plastic decompresses.

There are a number of different earpieces to work with and you may find that you can get a better seal with the foam ones than the flanged ones at first.

If you have a tight fit, you will definitely hear and feel the bass. But it won't be unnaturally exaggerated.

Mandel

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I was noticing that the bass was a touch on the weak side with the IR's even
with the plugs well seated into the ear.. Played with the graphic equalizer on
the MP3 player, still could not get a "clean" bass... Tried a different MP3 player.... (both a i-pod shuffle and a SanDisc Sansa ) MOMMA-MIA, THAT'S-A SOME-A BASSY BASS!!! Don't know if my player can't handle the impedance
of the IR's or if maybe mine is a bit defective, but with a good MP3 player, the
bass is impressive...

Putt...

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
exterior noise attenuation.. That is what the ER's have going for them..
(along with great audio) Bose makes a great product, but if you have to
crank up the audio to hear it over the noise, there goes your ears.....

Putt...

Top Bottom